Any Interest In A Periscope Session?

Thanks guys.

Tosca - you gotta teach me how to send the hearts thing. Periscope still gives me fits. I thought there was a way to set the length of time the replay was available, but I didn't see it.

And Les - here I was happy that I only really chumped two takes!

I've learned I need an iPad to do this - I couldn't read any of the comments, and even when I mentioned Les, I wasn't entirely sure it was him. Couldnt really read it without my glasses, but if I wear them, I can't focus on the neck!

Last edited:
I thought I saw that - but I didn't trust my eyes.

Figures - I finally play guitar in public view again, and the only kind of blow offer is for the guitar. Bastids!!!

Thank guys.

Tosca - you gotta teach me how to send the hearts thing.

I only typed a few questions in the text box asking what amp you were using. You're a nice guy and all...but I didn't send you any hearts. My guess is Sergio was logged in under an alias (probably explains the blow comments too).

Kidding aside...that was cool...hope others will try this too.

Couldnt really read it without my glasses, but if I wear them, I can't focus on the neck!

Time for bifocals, old dude friend. ;)

Though they do take a little getting used to...

First time I wore mine (so-called graduated lenses), I tripped and fell on the concrete stairway of a parking lot, wearing a suit. The suit got ripped. My arm got bloody. I walked into a meeting looking like I'd been assaulted.

Fun times.

First time I wore mine (so-called graduated lenses), I tripped and fell on the concrete stairway of a parking lot, wearing a suit. The suit got ripped. My arm got bloody. I walked into a meeting looking like I'd been assaulted.

Fun times.
This makes me chuckle. I've been wearing mine for about three years. I still get dizzy if I shift my line of site to quickly.

Late to the party. Just watched the play back. That was pretty cool. I'm with Mike, the video and sound quality were better than I expected.

On another note, knowing you're a big VT fan, check out Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings. Think VT with horns....kind of.

Late to the party. Just watched the play back. That was pretty cool. I'm with Mike, the video and sound quality were better than I expected.

On another note, knowing you're a big VT fan, check out Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings. Think VT with horns....kind of.

I'm glad someone mentioned the video and sound quality. I meant to say something about that on the video. I had my iPhone propped up against my computer, and the monitors are to my left from there. I wasn't sure how well it would pick everything up. I got caught up in everything and forgot about it, so I'm glad it turned out well.

And I'll definitely check out Sharon Jones a bit more - I've seen a couple appearances.

Awww man!

I missed it. Stupid pet expo! I'm going to see if I can still hunt this down.

It's still out there. If you don't find it, text me and I'll send you the link.

Fun times.

Oh yeah - I've had docs tell me I'd be in bifocals before I was 40. They were off by more than 10 years. I've kind of needed them the last year or so. I have reading glasses that I wear over my regular glasses. My regular glasses are so small that bifocals would be kind of tough to deal with, and I've been reluctant to get bigger glasses. Plus, with refereeing, I need to be able to glance down and still see. The funny thing is I used to wear and prefer bigger glasses (think Sally Jesse Raphael, but less masculine), but somewhere along the line I got these little things and that's what I want to stick with as long as I can. The people at the eye doc thought I was nuts for wanting reading glasses over the regular, but so far it works.

You're a nice guy and all...but I didn't send you any hearts. My guess is Sergio was logged in under an alias (probably explains the blow comments too).

Wasn't me, I missed it. Besides, I woulda sent loads of the eggplant emoji instead.

The people at the eye doc thought I was nuts for wanting reading glasses over the regular, but so far it works.

Well...it's not working if you can see the phone but then can't see the neck...or vice-versa...might be time to get some.

Just...trust me on this...don't do stairs with them until you get used to them.

I just watched the replay - missed it live..

Great job!

How did it feel knowing people were watching? I STILL only play for myself. My wife can hear, but mostly, I don't want anyone watching of listening.

I'm not sure how I would handle someone saying, "can I sniff some blow off your guitar." I'd like to think I'd just laugh and allow that people gave their own agendas and they don't affect of reflect upon me.

Anyway, kudos, brother. You're a braver man than me, Gungadin.

I think with Periscope you can set up a private broadcast.

The big downside is that the comments (When they're sensible) go by quick. Particularly problematic when viewing on a tiny screen.

The good seems to outweigh the bad though.

I just watched the replay - missed it live..

Great job!

How did it feel knowing people were watching? I STILL only play for myself. My wife can hear, but mostly, I don't want anyone watching of listening.

I'm not sure how I would handle someone saying, "can I sniff some blow off your guitar." I'd like to think I'd just laugh and allow that people gave their own agendas and they don't affect of reflect upon me.

Anyway, kudos, brother. You're a braver man than me, Gungadin.
Peas in a pod we are. Although, if my wife walks into my room, I'll stop until she leaves. The dogs can stay in there until they start howling.

Peas in a pod we are. Although, if my wife walks into my room, I'll stop until she leaves. The dogs can stay in there until they start howling.

lol.

The cats here seem to think I'm alternately wooing them and punishing them.

Back