Any HVAC folks here?

All in 2018...

Repaired septic
Replaced Furnance
Replaced zone control board and two electric damper motors
Roof damage repair (whole month of June, insid and outside of house) - took down chimney that was decorative that caused the entire issue
Full roof replacement (next 2-3 weeks).

If it wasn’t for the dang leak, we’d likely get another 5-7 years out of our roof. But th damage triggered replacement of about 25% of our roof line, so we figured might as well do the whole thing.

Ugh! That sucks! Similar story for me at 20 years. The one time I'm happy to live in a townhouse. The roof wasn't on my dime.

I just put another freon charge in my heatpump, this week. Third time in 2 years, and that stuff is getting more expensive by the minute.

Our dual zone system is 14 years old...and my tech buddy tells me armageddon is coming.

Goodbye, 2019 guitar fund. I'll miss you.

I just put another freon charge in my heatpump, this week. Third time in 2 years, and that stuff is getting more expensive by the minute.

Our dual zone system is 14 years old...and my tech buddy tells me armageddon is coming.

Sucks! My wife wants to retire at the end of the year. It's three years earlier than we planned for. I'm trying to blow as much coin as I can while I still have time!

+1. Between 24c (75f) and 26c (78f) here today, windows open, nice breeze blowing through the stone built terrace. A sort of Scottish “brownstone”, although it’s really greystone! This is summer for us! It’s what we’re used to.

Weather people are calling for 95 F for this weekend. I say bring it. Western New Yorkers complained all winter how cold it was (and it was) Now I get to hear them complain about how hot it is. I spent 3 years in 120F boiler rooms and desert locals, 95f isn't even A/C worthy, they don't know the meaning of hot.

All in 2018...

Repaired septic
Replaced Furnance
Replaced zone control board and two electric damper motors
Roof damage repair (whole month of June, insid and outside of house) - took down chimney that was decorative that caused the entire issue
Full roof replacement (next 2-3 weeks).

If it wasn’t for the dang leak, we’d likely get another 5-7 years out of our roof. But th damage triggered replacement of about 25% of our roof line, so we figured might as well do the whole thing.

First name basis with the insurance adjuster?

I’ve seen this movie! But this year....

Not covered. Leak from a decorative chimney over several years. We’re the 4th owner of a 15+ yo house. Yep, living the dream!

At least my PS should be ready in a few more weeks, so I’ll have a NGD coming to help me move on from these bills!:)

“Glass completely full” ;)

+1. Between 24c (75f) and 26c (78f) here today, windows open, nice breeze blowing through the stone built terrace. A sort of Scottish “brownstone”, although it’s really greystone! This is summer for us! It’s what we’re used to.

See above, we vary between 15c - 25c at the moment. It’s how we’re made of hardy stuff (haha) ;)

I wouldn't know how to act. I remember the summer time weather when I was in your part of the world 20+ years ago. LUCKY!

Here in the deep South...we are teetering between as hot as hell or hottet than hell...add in the 80+% humidity and you have what I call..."Ball Soup".

12:16 p.m. 99° real temp. 78% humidity = feels like 109° and yes that's Fahrenheit.

Last edited:
I wouldn't know how to act. I remember the summer time weather when I was in your part of the world 20+ years ago. LUCKY!

Here in the deep South...we are teetering between as hot as hell or hottet than hell...add in the 80+% humidity and you have what I call..."Ball Soup".

12:16 p.m. 99° real temp. 78% humidity = feels like 109° and yes that's Fahrenheit.
Yeah I think I’d melt! Can’t think straight when it’s really hot. I was in London, this time last year and it was 34c (just didn’t want to do anything!).

Remember, pics or it’s a desk fan.
My new desk fan. :)

Being installed as I type this

6_EEFAD79-2_F4_D-4_EBC-_BADA-6490078_A6_DD1.jpg

Back