Any Gretsch “ Electromatic “ lovers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet guitar. I've heard a lot of good things about those. I would probably get one over a regular Gretsch since the standard Gretsch are made in Japan nowadays. They used to be made in Savannah, GA.

I've lusted after them for years, but never really jelled with any until I got this Korean built 5622 in October. So far I've ditched the pickguard and put an ABM 2400 roller bridge on to replace the rattling factory TOM bridge. I really like the Super HiLOTrons and am shocked at how easy it is to dial in some great sounds.
Pics from the day she came off the brown truck:
n3L8b7B.jpg

sYjdRxO.jpg

My 5127 is still top dawg since I dunno, seven eight years ago? It has recently started sharing time with another G brand's guitar. But, the 5127 makes any amp sound as good as it can!

XpH94kZ.jpg

Here’s a link to the Gretsch Forum, in case you need it:

http://gretschpages.com/forum/

This isn’t the right place to post about your new Gretsch.

I know this is really off topic... But, why is it so bad to discuss other guitars in our collections in the 'General Discussion' forum?

I love my PRS, but it's not the only guitar in my collection. It's nice to be friendly with others here and be able to relate on more levels. I kinda like getting to know other folks around here. That kinda requires communication on other levels.

But, if there's a rule (which I haven't noticed and am too lazy to go look for at the moment) about not discussing anything non-PRS, I'll gladly be quiet and stick to discussing PRS only topics. No more photography, or cigar or whatever discussions shall I participate.

I know this is really off topic... But, why is it so bad to discuss other guitars in our collections in the 'General Discussion' forum?
Since PRS is generous enough to host this place for us, I don’t really feel it is appropriate for me to promote other brands here. The fact the some of us own other stuff comes up from time to time, but a thread to honour a different brand isn’t something most of us would do.

Cigars, photos of travels, cars, etc are just fun diversions.

Since PRS is generous enough to host this place for us, I don’t really feel it is appropriate for me to promote other brands here. The fact the some of us own other stuff comes up from time to time, but a thread to honour a different brand isn’t something most of us would do.

I do understand where you're coming from. No arguments there. PRS is very gracious to allow us a place to promote their products at almost no cost to them... LOL (I kid! Really, I do appreciate what PRS does and the community here! But, I'm such a smart a$$ it's hard for me to not make a few jokes).

Totally agree

This.

Don't know anything about that stuff. :)

Do we really need to snobs?

Bob
HsTwouxl.jpg

It’s not a matter of being snobs, Bob.

What you don’t know, since you’re new, is that this site wasn’t originally built by PRS simply to promote their stuff the way most manufacturer’s sites are.

This site actually was started in part because a couple of the most popular independent PRS forums shut down, and the folks active on those forums worked with PRS to make this site happen so the PRS community would have a place to call home.

Those sites were the original PRS Forum (not owned by PRS, it was owned by the guys that own The Gear Page), and Birds and Moons.

A lot of folks who were never employees or suppliers to PRS pushed for this site, convinced PRS, and devoted a ton of time as volunteers making this place what it is.

In other words, PRS did us a solid. Most of us want to return the favor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back