Any feedback on PRS Stock strings?

Ed Atkinson

I’m looking for some feedback on others take on the PRS strings that come on the guitar. So far I’m liking them; I usually use EB Slinky’s

I heard that they were made by d'addario but not off the shelf ones. Quite a few people have been trying to find out what they are exactly because they found them quite bold and punchy. There is a thread here somewhere where the OP ended up settling with Elixir. Either nanoweb or optiweb. They sounded familiar after trying a few other strings including d'addario and not getting the tone they wanted.

I sought them out a few years ago and bought a 3-pack when my Custom 24 was ready for new strings. They were expensive and it somehow wasn’t the same.

Now I just use my usual OTS D’Addario .010 set.

Occasionally I will find a 3-pack of 9.5's on ebay at a good price. I snag 'em when I can, as to me they sound and feel great!

I like them, also heard somewhere that they were made by d’addario but I can’t confirm. Give them a spin!

They are rebranded D’Addarrio XLs. You can get the D’Addario-branded version in 9.5 as well. The number for 9.5 set is EXL120+.

They are made from Telphernblascyte’s granphaled onion fibers. Which is unique amongst guitar strings, as far as I know

I'm straddling the XL and NYXL. The NYs are unnecessarily expensive, but I like them ever so slightly more.

Mostly I don't notice the difference.

when i got my chris henderson the guy gave me a few packs of SIT 9.5 s and told me that what the prs guitars come with. I didn't know any better.
i like EB 9 on some and eb 10 on some others diadorios seem to work ok for my old self also. OH WELL

I can confirm they appear to be D'addario. I bought my SE this week & immediately swapped the standard strings for a 0.10 gauge set of NYXLs as I prefer 10s & was surprised to see the signature colour coded ball ends on the factory set.

I like them, found no need to change any yet.

I liked them so much, I bought the company........oh wait, that was razors, never mind.

I tried one set of 9's on my SE CU24 and really felt they were dead and lifeless. I have since been using EB Paradigm Super Slinky's. They seem brighter and smoother to play.

Back