Any fans of tilting your amp back?

premiumplus

I've gotten into using an old Mesa single leg gas-filled amp tilt back stand. It clamps to the top of your amp and is adjustable for how long it is, thus setting the tilt back angle. I play in a large "Big Band" with a full sax, trombone, and trumpet section, and I'm at the rear of the stage. So it helps to angle my amp up to project over the band.
I wish Mesa hadn't discontinued this device, I've gotten quite attached to mine and nobody makes anything like it anymore.

The Amp Stand tilt back system is cool, it's a triangle that sets up with nylon straps and is pretty solid to lean the amp against, and both of these systems keep the bottom edge of the amp in contact with the stage, so I get good bottom end sound. I really dislike the amp stands that elevate the amp. It takes the 'umph' out of my tone.

Anyone else out there tilt their amp back?

Yes. It's one of the reasons I went to using small cabs 20+ years ago. I used to put Fender tilt-back legs on the side of my 1x12 cabs. Then I got a tilted amp stand. Now I use a powered floor wedge as my FRFR cab with my Helix. It tilts at 45 degrees, so the sound is exactly where it needs to be.

Yep.
th

100%. I use a vertical slant 2x12, a slant stand for my combo and wedge monitors for my Axe fx.
Now if you could just lean backwards at the right angle while playing you'd have everything inline... Is there a stand for that?

Back