Any easier way to find out what pickups I have on my cu22?

Gemal

Hi y'all, long time bammer, 1st time posting here. Nice place to get answers and trade information.
So I picked up a used mint 96 custom 22 recently on a trade. The previous owner received this as a gift from his brother in 96, however since the seller was a strat lover, the prs sat in a closet for years.
My question is without taking off the pickups is there any way I can determine what kind of pups they are? The seller had no clue.
Some internet information on 96 custom 22's indicate they might be dragon 1's, hfs,or even dragon 2's. For reference the guitar has a nickle stop tail, and black ( not zebra exposed pickups).

Just wanted to know if there was an easier way before I play doctor on my guitar.

Thank you,
Gemal

Re: Any easier way to find out what pickups I have on my cu2

If you have the ModCat number (it might be on a sticker on the side of the case, I'm not sure if this was done in '96, but it might be on the hangtag too), you can use the ModCat Decoder, stickied on this forum, to find out what model they are (assuming they're still the originals, of course).

Back