Any DIY'ers Out There? (DIY=Do-it-youself)

Amp building is something I've been wanting to get into. Do you still play the amps you built? Photos?
Sold them all to purchase “better” amps, made by “real” amp makers. At first, it was Egnater, then Mesa. I have a photo of one that I’ve posted here before. I’ll find it.

I built the guitar, the speaker cabinet, the faceplate of the amp, and on the pedalboard I built the loop switcher (which doubles as the amp footswitch) and the tap tempo.

Bvp5RVE.jpg

The guitar technically isn't done yet. I needed to lower the bridge area a fair bit and I'm still in the process of finish work. Also, those silver tuners need to go. I'm more into the batman look.

But I did build this guitar too.

XoYgJbV.jpg

I bought the pau ferro fretboard and body stripe at a Rockler store. And for both guitars I bought the maple on the back of the body at Rockler. The rest of the wood came from various lumber yards around the area. When I was still in the planning stages I spent a lot of time wandering around Rockler marveling at the exotic lumber.

As for stewmac... I avoid it at all costs. Anything tool you need to build a guitar can be bought with high quality from somewhere else, usually around half the price. And it does not take as many tools as they would have you think.

That is GREAT!!!

Back