Any DC3 Owners?

Any other owners?
Oh yeah. Right here. Yours has a rosewood ‘board, wish mine had that too. I’ve had my DC3 for about a decade and love it. So effortless to play. I recently found a NOS NF-3 that pretty much eclipses anything that I’ve ever played before so my other guitars are taking a bit of a breather now. But that’s no discredit to the DC3. It’s a super-comfy, super-usable solidbody that obviously verges into Strat territory but has its own mojo going. It’s a PRS through and through. Love the pickups, very sweet and musical.

Somehow I rarely use the DC3 for pure clean sounds. It’s awesome for SRV/Hendrix territory. Plug it into a semi-clean Marshall, ride the volume and smile. I also dig it for heavier styles, the bridge pickup loves gain and never gets spikey.

Dislikes: there’s a curse on me because pretty much all of my PRS’s had flaws. In case of the DC3, it was part of a batch that had stiff and slack-prone tuners. Contacted PRS about it, they confirmed that they’d let a bunch of those out the door and pointed me in the direction of their webshop.

I just bought my second one after parting with my first.

I think it’s almost my perfect Strat. I love everything about it besides it’s tone, which I think has to do with the pickups? I dunno… but I think I may go down the rabbit hole and try and replace all the electronics.

https://i.imgur.com/lPR6y2E.jpg

Oh yeah. Right here. Yours has a rosewood ‘board, wish mine had that too. I’ve had my DC3 for about a decade and love it. So effortless to play. I recently found a NOS NF-3 that pretty much eclipses anything that I’ve ever played before so my other guitars are taking a bit of a breather now. But that’s no discredit to the DC3. It’s a super-comfy, super-usable solidbody that obviously verges into Strat territory but has its own mojo going. It’s a PRS through and through. Love the pickups, very sweet and musical.

Somehow I rarely use the DC3 for pure clean sounds. It’s awesome for SRV/Hendrix territory. Plug it into a semi-clean Marshall, ride the volume and smile. I also dig it for heavier styles, the bridge pickup loves gain and never gets spikey.

Dislikes: there’s a curse on me because pretty much all of my PRS’s had flaws. In case of the DC3, it was part of a batch that had stiff and slack-prone tuners. Contacted PRS about it, they confirmed that they’d let a bunch of those out the door and pointed me in the direction of their webshop.

Yeah, I think with distorted/overdriven tones the pickups sound alright, but clean they’re… not great. I keep reminding myself that Paul makes stuff to be played loud and within a band context, so I shouldn’t be too hasty to swap pickups.

But F that noise! If my DC3 doesn’t sound even half as good as “He’s The Greatest Dancer” clean, then WTF do I need it for? My SE EG smokes my DC3 tone wise.

And… I know a guy with a blue DC3 with a rosewood board that would trade the neck for a maple fretboard neck.

Try lowering the pickups WAY down, at least the neck and middle. I used Lindy Fralin’s method. I set the neck pickup for the tone I Iiked first. The middle was set to give me the right blues/r n b quack with the neck. The bridge is higher to give me the overdriven sound I want for solos. Eff the other stratoid clones, although there’s a gold EGll I can’t take my eyes off, not to mention my blue triple domino. Remember the pickups have ceramic magnets. They love my pedalboard.

Last edited:
Here’s my DC3 that I stupidly sold :(

HAypdH0.jpg

I just bought my second one after parting with my first.

I think it’s almost my perfect Strat. I love everything about it besides it’s tone, which I think has to do with the pickups? I dunno… but I think I may go down the rabbit hole and try and replace all the electronics.

https://i.imgur.com/lPR6y2E.jpg

Yeah, I think with distorted/overdriven tones the pickups sound alright, but clean they’re… not great. I keep reminding myself that Paul makes stuff to be played loud and within a band context, so I shouldn’t be too hasty to swap pickups.

But F that noise! If my DC3 doesn’t sound even half as good as “He’s The Greatest Dancer” clean, then WTF do I need it for? My SE EG smokes my DC3 tone wise.

And… I know a guy with a blue DC3 with a rosewood board that would trade the neck for a maple fretboard neck.

Hubba Hubba!

Back