Anticipation, defined.

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Furtive, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Furtive

Furtive Knight of Bangin'ess

The 7 string Royal Blue SE CU24 was delivered last night. The box arrived undamaged, and the MTB case inside is in great shape. What is the problem, you ask? I just discovered it was delivered. Sat in below freezing temp all last night and today. When I was young and even more ignorant than I am today, I checked the finish on my `69 LP Personal with temperature shock. PRS has the nice poly finish, but that case will sit unopened for a few hours, until the temperature of the guit inside stabilizes.

In the meantime, I am turning the thermostat up to... um... 95F.

2. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Oh man, I hate when that happens.

I once had a Two-Rock amplifier head - not an inexpensive item, mind you - delivered to my back door, no one rang the bell; where it sat in a snowstorm until I discovered it sitting there under several inches of snow. Thankfully, it was too cold to melt the snow, and nothing was damaged. But still.

Was I ever...well...let's just say I was a very angry fellow for a few hours.... ;)

3. CVS

CVS Not so new member

When I was young and lived in NY, I did the same thing to a Les Paul as you did. To resolve the problem, I moved to Southern California;)

4. PRSAK

PRSAK I am only an egg

And that is exactly why I'm not going to get my hands on a pretty special guitar I bought in December until probably...uggghh...May. :(

Hope your SE is in fine shape. Happy NGD!

5. CantankerousCarl

CantankerousCarl Occasionally Onery Member

I hope you have her all snug and cozy by now...it's a long time to wait!

AND THAT is even longer...I waited until a break in the deep freeze to have my PS20th delivered (same weekend as Les) but months...that takes discipline and incredible self-control. Which I do not possess ;)