Another, what model is this?

T>D>C

New to PRS. Bought a used solid body yesterday. Found the serial number ( 5 96207) and the truss rod cover is blacked out 20th, so I assume 2005.

Serial number is stamped on the back of the head stock. No other markings.

Tuners look cheap, rosewood fret board. Maple top, with two knobs, one toggle switch. Double cutaway, contoured body.

I’ll post pics when I learn how.

No paperwork but a nice hard case.

Any idea what model this is?

Thanks.

22 or 24 frets? Is the switch a Gibson style toggle or a Strat style switch?

Try doing an Image Search on 2005 PRS Guitars and find a matching photo.
I have been scouring the internet for a couple days, and per your suggestion, I tried again and I just found one that is pretty close at Cream City Music. Used PRS 20th Anniversary Custom 22 Honey Burst 2005. Everything looks the same except mine has abalone birds, not dots and my serial number is stamped into the wood not hand written. Everything else looks the same.

I always wonder how someone buys a guitar without knowing what it is, how do you determine value/worth? Goes for any brand.
Family deal, my sister inherited and wanted me to have it. I gave relatively what similar less expensive ones are selling for and she was more than happy with that, but I am continuing the research in case it has significantly more value and I will give her more cash. I haven't found any good examples yet. This is the closest but it has sold Cream City. I read in my research that hand signed serial numbers are made in USA. So does that mean mine with a stamped number is made elsewhere? She doesn't play but if she wants it back, I will give it back.

I have been scouring the internet for a couple days, and per your suggestion, I tried again and I just found one that is pretty close at Cream City Music. Used PRS 20th Anniversary Custom 22 Honey Burst 2005. Everything looks the same except mine has abalone birds, not dots and my serial number is stamped into the wood not hand written. Everything else looks the same.

Is the neck rosewood? Those are the only ones that are stamped. The rest of the necks have a handwritten serial number on the back of the headstock.
Hmmm…

Is the neck rosewood? Those are the only ones that are stamped. The rest of the necks have a handwritten serial number on the back of the headstock.
Hmmm…
I believe the fretboard is Rosewood. I think the neck may be rosewood. It is really dark brown with long grain the length of the neck. Also, ArchTop ask about the toggle style. It is a Gibson style switch.

New to PRS. Bought a used solid body yesterday. Found the serial number ( 5 96207) and the truss rod cover is blacked out 20th, so I assume 2005.

Tuners look cheap, rosewood fret board. Maple top, with two knobs, one toggle switch. Double cutaway, contoured body.

Thanks.
Have you tried calling PRS direct and provide them with the serial number, also if you take the pickups out they have numbers on the back also.

Have you tried calling PRS direct and provide them with the serial number, also if you take the pickups out they have numbers on the back also.
Thanks, Ill check the pickup numbers next time I change the strings.

Thanks.
Does it look similar to this one?

Back