Another SE 245 pickup question

cpark_12

I have an '08 SE Singlecut and have been reading about the SE 245 pickups sounding better. Are they really that much better? I've seen them on Ebay for around $50 for the set. I don't have a complaint about the stock pickups in the Singlecut now, I just want to try some others just to see how they sound in the guitar. I play anywhere from country to classic rock to contemporary christian music. Any input would be appreciated!

I have an '08 SE Singlecut and have been reading about the SE 245 pickups sounding better. Are they really that much better? I've seen them on Ebay for around $50 for the set. I don't have a complaint about the stock pickups in the Singlecut now, I just want to try some others just to see how they sound in the guitar. I play anywhere from country to classic rock to contemporary christian music. Any input would be appreciated!

I have a korina sc from about that same time with the se singlecut pickups in it. I also have a se245, 2012 model. The pickups in the korina sound great as do the se245. I find the korina to be slightly brighter and a little hotter sounding overall but that could be the wood. They are crisp and clear all the way up. They crunch well. They may get a little muddy under really high gain more so than the 245 but I don't play that way and doesn't sound like you do either. If I replaced the pickups in the 245 I would not move those pickups down to the korina as it wouldn't be worth the work to me.

Back