Another PRS in the wild

@Alnus Rubra
Back in the days - I was a very young lad - I remember Nik Kershaw playing a Patrick Eggle.
Evergreen tunes: Woundn't it be good & The Riddle.

My wife learned Woundn't it be good in her guitar lessons. Me not ;)

I was in my very early teens when these songs were released.

He, Howard Jones and David Sylvian were some of my favourite songwriters and vocalists of that time.

Especially David Sylvian.

At that time I was a trumpet player only, so I wasn’t really concentrating on what instruments these guys were playing. :eek:

Went to see Toto and Journey last night in Buffalo. While Steve Lukather played about 5 different guitars in a one hour set, they were all EBMM's. Neal Schon only played his Black Hollowbody NS-1 or 2 ( i never know which one it is) for most of the night. Jon Cain played a 12-string PS PRS that I believe actually belongs to or did belong to Neal.

I would give you pictures, but I was so far away, zooming in made everything fuzzy.

For a previous generation, and maybe the one my son’s in, may I present Electric Light Orchestra.

This is the second iteration of the band; I couldn’t find a video of the Jeff Lynne version, but the drummer co-founded both groups.

They were off my radar until my son did a tour with his band and told me they listened to ELO the whole tour.

Surprised me since his band’s music is nothing like ELO!

Last edited:
For a previous generation, and maybe the one my son’s in, may I present Electric Light Orchestra.

This is the second iteration of the band; I couldn’t find a video of the Jeff Lynne version, but the drummer co-founded both groups.

They were off my radar until my son did a tour with his band and told me they listened to ELO the whole tour.

Surprised me since his band’s music is nothing like ELO!

I saw ELO with Jeff Lynne many moons ago.
The orchestra was on the side of the stage, and on regular sort of bleacher seating.
When the lead violinist stood up to play he stumbled on the bleacher, and stumbled and found himself on the stage floor.
It looked like it hurt a lot.
He got up, and limped back up to his spot on the bleachers without missing a beat.
Break a leg is real....

I saw ELO with Jeff Lynne many moons ago.
The orchestra was on the side of the stage, and on regular sort of bleacher seating.
When the lead violinist stood up to play he stumbled on the bleacher, and stumbled and found himself on the stage floor.
It looked like it hurt a lot.
He got up, and limped back up to his spot on the bleachers without missing a beat.
Break a leg is real....
Hah! I guess so!!

Nik Kershaw! Great songwriter!
Pitlochry is one of my favourite places. We've had a couple of great holidays there in a wood cabin overlooking the river.

Back