Another new guy

EvilGeek

For 20 years I have lusted after the familiar lines of the PRS head-stock, but couldn't justify (to my wife) the price. Thank God for the SE line. :)

Without boring you with any further sappy story, here goes a little eye-candy of the 2013 SECU24 in Vintage Sunburst.

PRS_SECU24-020 by MPorterPhotography, on Flickr

PRS_SECU24-024 by MPorterPhotography, on Flickr

PRS_SECU24-029 by MPorterPhotography, on Flickr

PRS_SECU24-036 by MPorterPhotography, on Flickr

Looks like my other guitar is going to collect a lot of dust.

Welcome! Sweet guitar. Playability, tone, looks - doesn't matter where it's manufactured. :rock:

Very nice!
I enjoy my 2012 SE Custom 24 very much.
The SEs are very nice and affordable, and often put more expensive guitars to shame.

How are you liking the wide/thin neck?
I like it over a fatter one.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have owned several guitars over the years, but who hasn't? The SE puts them all to shame. I am sans amp, at this time, and have to just play her acoustically. The beautiful part about that is getting to hear the natural tone of the guitar. While I know the SE guitars pale in comparison to the Maryland models, they are lights years beyond anything else I've played. This is the first guitar that makes playing boring scale exercises fun, and that's saying a lot.

Welcome! Sweet guitar. Playability, tone, looks - doesn't matter where it's manufactured. :rock:

I couldn't agree more.

Very nice!
I enjoy my 2012 SE Custom 24 very much.
The SEs are very nice and affordable, and often put more expensive guitars to shame.

How are you liking the wide/thin neck?
I like it over a fatter one.

The wide/thin neck is new to me, and I'm having to adjust the aggressiveness of my playing as I've never played on a thin neck before. I find myself pushing everything a little flat due to the pressure I'm exerting against the back of the neck. Aside from that small issue, that I am overcoming quickly, the neck feels absolutely wonderful.

Welcome! When I'm at home, I almost always play electric unplugged. Love playing that way.

Congrats! I've really enjoyed the SE guitars I have played, they are really nice.

Welcome to the forums and welcome to the PRS family!! SE's are great. I have an SE CU22 as well as an American CU24 and love 'em both. About CoreyT's earlier comment, my SE sounded better than my buddy's guitar and I got it for half the price (or less) of his...
Congrats on your pretty new guitar :)

Back