another free chord and fretboard primer / lesson (with a poll)

If I were to make a few online lesson courses, which might interest you?

• breaking down music fundamentals (theory basics) with real world application

Votes: 30 65.2%
  • delving into more advanced theory concepts

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • general playing techniques

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • style / genre specific lessons

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • fretboard demystification

Votes: 31 67.4%

• Total voters

bryanewald

player of guitars
I did a supplemental video to go along with the live masterclasses I taught for the PRS music School this week. Feel free to have a gander if you want a quick primer (not a complete lesson) on understanding chord names and how they relate to the guitar fretboard (with a link to PDFs in the video description).

Also, I am curious to get some input on something...

Looks like so far everyone else's ideas are the same as mine. I kind of figured I'd be the only one wanting some BASIC theory and application......(that and my lack of fretbroard knowledge) o_O

I voted fretboard demystification as I enjoyed your last video on finding the right scale for nearly any chord progression. That may also fit under general playing techniques but for me there is so much to decipher regarding the fretboard, scales, etc.

Great stuff as usual!
Thanks @bryanewald

Last edited:
I voted fretboard demystification as I enjoyed your last video on finding the right scale for nearly any chord progression. That may also fit under general playing techniques but for me there is so much to decipher regarding the fretboard, scales, etc.

Great stuff as usual!
Thanks @bryanewald
I loved that one, BUT... I consider that application so I'd live more like that please.

I did a supplemental video to go along with the live masterclasses I taught for the PRS music School this week. Feel free to have a gander if you want a quick primer (not a complete lesson) on understanding chord names and how they relate to the guitar fretboard (with a link to PDFs in the video description).

Also, I am curious to get some input on something...
Thanks again for a killer lesson Mr. E! You really do a great job of communicating this stuff!!

Bryan, I cannot seem to access the link to the PDF files. Your info on this topic is one of the steps I need to progress further than the plateau that I'm now on.

Very cool of you, Bryan! Since the membership here runs the experience gambit, you can’t miss with any of those. Tips and tricks always have something for everyone.

Tried to apply your tips today, work very well; thank you, Bryan!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Software developer at Gradefixer(https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/movie-review/) where I help to provide movie review essays to my company to students. I would love to play guitar all day long and enjoy the music masterpieces. I am a proud dad of two wonderful kids and a happy, loved husband."

Last edited:
I voted yes for everything, why not?

I'd love to learn some new stuff!
Totally agree with that line of thought. The day comes I quit learning, I'll be digging "up" through the roots to reach the air. Most everything I've done in life I start later it seems, so very often the learning curve is ripe with challenges. I'm constantly on the hunt for any and all means of improvement. Thanks for this Bryan!

In 45 years of playing guitar, I’ve never bothered to learn that. Now I know it! That was great, Bryan. Can’t thank you enough.
I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band...
In 50 years of playing guitar I know that I am a drummer. I used to be the drummer in bands.
I play rhythm... like a drummer.
It's a cr@p ton of fun though.
I'm a chord monkey with pipes.

Back