Another Conversation With My Acoustic

WAIT! You made up this conversation or did it really happen!?! I'm confused

I have some Bach duets for guitar that I tried recently. A few more passes and I might consider trying to record one of the parts to play with. I have a feeling McManus might just play them both at the same time.

While making breakfast and ironing his shirt.

One of my students had the music for Bach's Bouree in Em written for classical guitar, playing two parts simultaneously. Neither of us played in that style. He had trouble reading it and would go from one part to the other by mistake. So, I transcribed both parts onto separate pieces of music, making it easier for him to play. After doing this, I decided to record it myself. I overdubbed both parts. I can't upload the Mp3 to You Tube, otherwise I would share it if anybody is interested.
Can someone recommend a site where I can upload this?
Thanks

One of my students had the music for Bach's Bouree in Em written for classical guitar, playing two parts simultaneously. Neither of us played in that style. He had trouble reading it and would go from one part to the other by mistake. So, I transcribed both parts onto separate pieces of music, making it easier for him to play. After doing this, I decided to record it myself. I overdubbed both parts. I can't upload the Mp3 to You Tube, otherwise I would share it if anybody is interested.
Can someone recommend a site where I can upload this?
Thanks

http://soundcloud.com

Nice work! I really enjoyed it. You're a really good player.

There's ornamentation in the original score that may not be showing up on the transcription you're using, which adds something nice, too., if you dig the 17th century style.

I've played the piece on piano and harpsichord, and it's really iconic.

Thanks, Les. I appreciate the compliment. By any chance, do you have a copy of the original score. I don't know where my student got this from, but I transcribed it note for note for him to separate the two parts.

Thanks, Les. I appreciate the compliment. By any chance, do you have a copy of the original score. I don't know where my student got this from, but I transcribed it note for note for him to separate the two parts.

I'll see if I can locate my copy. I may have lost it when I moved a couple years back. If I have it, I'll mail it to you.

How about some Mozart, I found that! LOL.

I really like your playing!

You're welcome - and nicely done! I know I've got this in books somewhere, and I'm positive I have a transcription from one of the UK guitar mags. Just not sure where that transcription may be hiding. But now I want to dig it out!

Thanks, Alan. I really enjoyed playing that and would like to learn more. Perhaps, I could loop one part and play the other part live?

Thanks, Alan. I really enjoyed playing that and would like to learn more. Perhaps, I could loop one part and play the other part live?

I'd have to look (and listen) more, but I think the bass repeats enough that you could do that (with an allowance for the couple places where the bass varies quite a bit).

I don't play live, but I do the looping thing w/Zappa's "Watermelon In Easter Hay" just to practice and amuse myself.

Sounds great man! I can mail it to you, I just have to scan it.

Here I am playing it as is...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELRJYBpnI60

Tony, I finally had a chance to listen to your video and have to say that I really enjoyed it! You play well!
I want to buy a nylon string guitar and start studying classical, so hopefully someday I'll be able to play like that.
The one thing I love about music is.....you can never stop learning!

I'd have to look (and listen) more, but I think the bass repeats enough that you could do that (with an allowance for the couple places where the bass varies quite a bit).

I don't play live, but I do the looping thing w/Zappa's "Watermelon In Easter Hay" just to practice and amuse myself.

I guess I should have said accompany the looper. I jam regularly, but don't play in a band anymore.

So enough Bach.

I think we should get the discussion back to how awesome my PRS acoustic is. Which is to say, very. ;)

Tony, I finally had a chance to listen to your video and have to say that I really enjoyed it! You play well!
I want to buy a nylon string guitar and start studying classical, so hopefully someday I'll be able to play like that.
The one thing I love about music is.....you can never stop learning!

Thanks for the kind words my friend. I finally found the piece and will get it to you this weekend.

"Here, I bought you a new pick," I said.

"Oh gosh, oh joy, a new 40 cent pick." She rolled her eyes.

"But this pick is special and it cost thirty-five bucks!" I retorted. "Allow me to demonstrate."

I picked up the guitar, and started playing. Everything sounded smooth as butter, and the pick glided easily through the strings.

"Well, that is pretty nice," she purred. "What is it?"

"That, my dear, is a Blue Chip pick, made of a special material, cut on a CNC machine, and then beveled by hand. The material is slick against the strings, sounds a lot like real tortoise shell, and lasts a long time, or so they say."

"Can I keep it?" she asked. "I like the feel."

"I won't use anything else on your strings from now on," I promised. I put her back in the case. She was happy. I was happy. We had a wonderful afternoon.

Back