Another belated NGD - SE Mark Holcomb content

Toby

Hobby Private Stock Designer
Another 34 degrees C or roughly 93 degrees F in Germany,
another month,
another belated NGD,
another chunk of pictures,
another PRS SE.

In 2015 I got my chills as the Mark Holcomb Core Model was released as it has many of the features that found interesting like a 25.5 scale length on a PRS, special radius, factory standard Drop C tuning, fixed bridge and on and on.

After the rumors began to emerge I thought, this would be my chance especially because all of the features are the same as the core model to a really reasonable price as PRS then revealed.

So began my journey to get the best price available in Europe. So I mailed back and forth with some european dealers like Andirons, Thomann and some lesser known ones. Most of them won't get it in stores until August, September or even December but I found a dealer that has them in Stock and could get me a good deal.

It arrived 2 days ago and as my SE Alex Lifeson its just a stunner - a lucky shot so to speak . Gorgeous quilt, plays like a real dream even smoother than the Private Stock for my taste!
Setup is perfect, the new bridge is perfect for palm muting and the satin neck is just as awesome for fast riffing.

The pickups are heavy. Articulate and heavy as well as punchy and just plain awesome. Its not as hot and bass-y as my SG loaded with an Seymour Duncan Alternative 8 but even more articulate and a little bit glassy especially during 5 or 6 string chords.

For all the peeps that are interested: It came with this very high quality Gig Bag, adjustment tools as well as a cable to connect to your amp.

Enough for now - let the pics talk to you.

IMG_2735_zpsthefqlpk.jpg

IMG_2736_zpswtpjrf15.jpg

IMG_2737_zpsdsoymekk.jpg

IMG_2738_zpsthq5pbv4.jpg

IMG_2739_zpsjt8nlmav.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! Love mine.

(You should probably edit out the pricing discussion; it's not allowed on forum for new guitars/amps)

Congrats! Great, great guitar and a total steal at the price. I love mine too!

Back