Another amp on the chopping block

All PRS look cool but I am a huge fan of the Santana headstock !!!!

I have two with the Santana headstock; the Tonare Grande, and the McCarty Singlecut.

At first I was all, “That’s pretty cool,” because I hadn’t had any with that before. Not that I have a preference; different is sometimes fun and interesting. The Santana body shape is nice, too. Might even be more elegant than the standard DC body shape.

I’m not fond of the placement of the control knobs, but I could get probably used to the knobs if I wanted one at some point.

I’ve played a few. I don’t know if that model is my thing. I really prefer the CU24 when it comes to 24 fret models, though at heart I’m a 22 fret guy. I find the CU24 really fits what I do in 24 fretters.

Don’t apologize to me, I’d prefer it if this were the official PRS Santana forum and that’s all we talked about.
One of you Santana loyalists need to start a new thread with pics of your current ones...I kinda wanna see what's out there as I'm currently looking for a nice, used one. Always love looking at perty guitars and getting inspired!!!

One of you Santana loyalists need to start a new thread with pics of your current ones...I kinda wanna see what's out there as I'm currently looking for a nice, used one. Always love looking at perty guitars and getting inspired!!!

There was a Santana Pic of the Day thread a while back. I just looked at it....Photobucket's move :mad: ruined it........:(

The relatively small size and weight of the Archon is a big advantage as well. I just wish it had a foot switchable second master volume.

Yes, its why I ended up with a 2 channel custom, but honestly I'm not in love with the tone. It's good, but not great. Too much bass, lots of gain, but not enough compression. I'm actually thinking about picking up a used Archon 50 head. I suppose one could get that boost feature with something in the effects loop. Ideally I'd like to see channel switch, and effects loop switch, and a boost/2nd master volume switch.

I got the 2 channel H specifically to get something different from the archon. Less gain and compression. I have to admit that once I found there sweet spot on the archon, I'm struggling with the H. Though I suspect I'll find settings for the H that I love as well.

Back