Anodized Gold?

Sage

While you were partying I studied the guitar.
What are people's thoughts on the anodized gold stoptail that PRS offers? I think they offer anodized gold tuner buttons as well. I'm interested in them because they're a lot less prone to wear than gold plating, but I haven't seen them in person. Do you think the anodized gold parts look cheap? Do they match well with real gold-plated parts, like pickups?

I have one of the stop tails... It's nice, and far enough away from the tuners to not really spend too much time obsessing over it. It sounds and feels f@cking great though.

I have one of the stop tails... It's nice, and far enough away from the tuners to not really spend too much time obsessing over it. It sounds and feels f@cking great though.

Have you seen issues with gold plating wearing off on real gold-plated bridges or pickups? I spec'd gold-plated hardware on my Private Stock build and I'm starting to worry about the plating fading or rubbing off, which is why I was considering the anodized as an alternative.

Have you seen issues with gold plating wearing off on real gold-plated bridges or pickups? I spec'd gold-plated hardware on my Private Stock build and I'm starting to worry about the plating fading or rubbing off, which is why I was considering the anodized as an alternative.

Not really... but there may be some pitting going on on some of my tuners, but the stuff is old. What're ya gonna do?

I have a non-PRS with gold bridge. I wore off the gold. I take that as a good thing. I put a lot of hours in on that guitar. I hope to wear the chrome off my PRS bridges.

I have a 2009 with gold plate and have had no issues with it.

For me it all depends on the guitar...

I had one of the Brazilian Limited McCarty's in Royal Blue and loved the looked of the anodized bridge:
XtEpDcg.png

Fast forward to my first Private Stock build and I went with the anodized bridge and frankly, to me, it just didn't totally work on this guitar:
6LXpZBW.jpg

...opinions may vary, but it looks WAY better (to me) with this Black Bridge:
S39uD4l.jpg

Last edited:
Back