Annoying reCaptcha?

fatherbowie

I haven't visited the forum much lately but was on yesterday and a bit today, both times using the same IP address at the same browser. I'm logged in. But I've gone through the reCaptcha routine three times to prove I'm human, once yesterday and twice today. Why? If this forum keeps throwing me into an existential crisis one or more times per day, I don't know.

I had to go through another reCaptcha just to get back to this thread. :eek:

Thanks though, at least I know I'm not alone. I'm sure the spam posts are annoying to deal with, I'm just not sure making people prove they're human over and over again in the same day is the answer.
No, it's been annoying the crap out of many of us for weeks now. See my post in the linked thread above. I blame PRSFanboy, who may or many not be the new VP of Operations at PRS.

I just refresh my page to get past it. Sometimes it takes two or three times. I am always able to get back in with doing the captcha. Also, I use my PC during the week. It's been bad the last 3 weeks, or so. I only use my iPad on the weekends. I never have this problem using that.

I just refresh my page to get past it. Sometimes it takes two or three times. I am always able to get back in with doing the captcha. Also, I use my PC during the week. It's been bad the last 3 weeks, or so. I only use my iPad on the weekends. I never have this problem using that.

I think I've tried refreshing once or maybe twice and it didn't work. Next time I'll try refreshing several times. Thanks!

I think I've tried refreshing once or maybe twice and it didn't work. Next time I'll try refreshing several times. Thanks!
@bodia Exactly what I've done. I'll try doing it a couple extra times and see of that works. And, I only have the problem when on PC and using Chrome. Never get it on ipad or iphone (using Chrome as well).

Works! At least so far I've been able to get past it.

I only seem to get this about once a month. My IP# changes like 26.314 times a day and I don't ever dump my cookies. I wondered if it was happening every time Chrome was updated but that doesn't seem to be it, and I wondered if it was cookie expiration settings on the site? I don't ever log off here, either, maybe some of you do that? Who knows.

I know it's a coincidence but everytime I go into one of these threads I get it all the time for a few days. Captcha will never captcha me alive! Refresh refresh

Last edited:
It's a bit overkill. I get that they're trying to limit spammers but the user impact is too heavy. There are better ways to solve this.
Agreed. I got it so often this afternoon I was ready to delete my account!

I swear I previously tried one or two refreshes, and it had never worked, so far today I refreshed once and it worked every time. And, it was a bunch of times today. But one refresh got past it every time.

only issue now is, once it started, it was every page or thread change for a while today. But at least the refresh worked. I was wondering though, if I would have been better off just clicking on a few boats, and maybe it would have stopped bugging me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear I previously tried one or two refreshes, and it had never worked, so far today I refreshed once and it worked every time. And, it was a bunch of times today. But one refresh got past it every time.

only issue more is, once it started, it was every page or thread change for a while today. But at least the refresh worked. I was wondering though, if I would have been better off just clicking on a few boats, and maybe it would have stopped bugging me.

I wonder the same thing on days like today too. It's been bad for me as well.

Look at the bright side -- if this is the most annoying thing in your life, you've got it pretty good.

I'm trying to train my cats to click for me.

Back