Angelus

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I have been in the market for a better acoustic for some time. I came close to buying an SE acoustic a couple different times but decided to hold out.

Back in August I was able to trade for a Steve Fischer Angelus cutaway. It has been played so there are some dings.

Last week I was finally able to get my hands on it to clean it up and put fresh strings on it. Work has been stupid busy and I just haven't had much free time and when I did it was all about sleep.

It was killing me to have this acoustic in the house and not play it!

I am thoroughly impressed with this guitar. The tone is well balanced and is very responsive to dynamics. It can get loud if needed but most importantly is how well it plays. Unbelievable

I've got a few days off over Thanksgiving so I'm hoping to record with it. Just dying to hear it recorded.

This COULD be the last acoustic guitar I'll ever need!!!

That could easily be a last acoustic.
I just restrung my Angelus and tidied it up yesterday.
Really nice guitar.

About 10 years ago I heard a Taylor 914 being played in a store. Man did that thing sound fantastic! That really got my acoustic gas going.

The SE acoustics really are nice guitars. I played one in a GC a couple years ago and couldn't put it down!

Previous owner put locking tuners on this angelus but luckily these required no mods to install so I could track down a set of original tuners and go back to stock if I wanted to .

Regardless, this thing plays incredibly well and I am very happy with it.

The case for this thing is super nice too.

I have been in the market for a better acoustic for some time. I came close to buying an SE acoustic a couple different times but decided to hold out.

Back in August I was able to trade for a Steve Fischer Angelus cutaway. It has been played so there are some dings.

Last week I was finally able to get my hands on it to clean it up and put fresh strings on it. Work has been stupid busy and I just haven't had much free time and when I did it was all about sleep.

It was killing me to have this acoustic in the house and not play it!

I am thoroughly impressed with this guitar. The tone is well balanced and is very responsive to dynamics. It can get loud if needed but most importantly is how well it plays. Unbelievable

I've got a few days off over Thanksgiving so I'm hoping to record with it. Just dying to hear it recorded.

This COULD be the last acoustic guitar I'll ever need!!!

I think you'll like the way these record. They sound beautiful.

I found I like my Tonare better with D'Addario's 80/20 Bluegrass sets (which they came with) than with the same strings in phosphor bronze. They sounded clearer and brighter to me.

I think you'll like the way these record. They sound beautiful.

I found I like my Tonare better with D'Addario's 80/20 Bluegrass sets (which they came with) than with the same strings in phosphor bronze. They sounded clearer and brighter to me.

Thanks, that's good to know. I typically prefer phosphor bronze on my acoustic guitars but I'll certainly give the Bluegrass sets a try.

Thanks, that's good to know. I typically prefer phosphor bronze on my acoustic guitars but I'll certainly give the Bluegrass sets a try.

You can get the Bluegrass sets in either phosphor bronze or 80/20. They're just light tops, medium bottoms sets.

I find the PRS acoustics reveal every nuance of a string, and with the phosphors, the guitar sounds - the thing that comes to mind, anyway - is 'hoarse'. The 80/20 sets are brighter and have more upper midrange clarity, at least on my guitar.

I tried a set of the phosphor bronze strings, and replaced them the next day. But we all listen for different things, so they might work out well in your hands.

You changed a set of strings the next day?!

Is this even Les?

Tap the space bar three times if you’re being held against your will!;)

You'll be happy to know I didn't change the replacement set for a ridiculously long time. :)

If he said he’d installed Nanowebs, I’d agree :eek:. But the wrong string is the wrong string.

Boogie nailed it. I can live with old strings, but I can't live with the wrong strings for a guitar. What can ya do? [shrug]

Back