Angelus SE a20e small finish defects

Are these small defect acceptable for low-budget prs?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell no, all PRS guitars should be perfect!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vvladimirr

Hello everyone!

First of all sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

I've just received my new PRS Angelus SE a20e (yes, it's 2015 model, but should be new), and, while it sounds amazing to my ears and so comfortable to play, i found small defects in it's finish: small dark dots under lamination, not accurate black borders, also dark lines near high frets etc.
So i mean - guitar is not perfect) Funny, yeah? I'm not very advanced player and didn't play a lot of guitars. But i thought that it should not have such imperfections. Because well, it's PRS and it's price here is $900 (i know, taxes and retailers in Ukraine are insane, and it should cost about $600).

Also one small point, that increases a bit my paranoia. Guitar was made on 11/2015 (see it on label inside of guitar), but quality control was passed at 01/2017. So it was waiting more than year to be checked by QA?

So people, how do you think - is it acceptable level of imperfections for low-budget PRS?

1. Not even texture of top wood under lamination. looks like it was polished not even, some of places diverged from others, are more lighter. This place is not very conspicuous, but visible by eye (but hart to catch on camera).

DSC06813.jpg

2. There are some dark dots on top, also there are very small defects under laminate on neck, visible because of slight difference in color. Black border line is not accurate.

DSC06814.jpg

DSC06817.jpg

3. Darker lines near high frets (they are not shadows). Also fretboard looks very dry (however, easy to fix with lemon oil).

DSC06815.jpg

4. Also jack is attached to deck not perfectly, i see layer of glue between deck and it (~0.5 mm). Hard to catch it without macro lens.
DSC06818.jpg

Last edited:
Back