Angelus Pickguard Suggestion?

CandidPicker

Tone Matters. Use It Well.
Hi,

This question is for Shawn or someone else working in PTC, or someone who has chosen to protect their acoustic investment.

I'd like to protect my recently purchased SE Angelus A60E by installing a clear film pickguard that can be adhered to the top surface and removed with relative ease. My feeling is that this would provide some protection against hard strumming on the downstroke of the lower side of the guitar.

Is anyone familiar with something of this type? Stew-Mac?

Thanks in advance,

Bob
CandidPicker

Last edited:
Was concerned about protecting my recently purchased SE A60E Angelus from hard strumming near the soundhole...

So checked Stewart-MacDonald's website for clear pick guards...the pickguards arrived yesterday (Saturday). I followed the video instructions on installing the pick guard by positioning it properly (if not entirely correct) and taping the pick guard lower region with drafting masking tape. What happens if that you can then flip the pick guard over away from the strings, and remove (carefully and precisely) the adhesive backing on the pick guard. You then flip the pick guard hinged back toward the strings, and press down, firmly affixing the pick guard to the top wood. Pic below...

kZTcrcX.jpg

Poly vs nitro for a core model. Is there an answer for that?

Back