Angelus batteries

francric

Has anyone replaced the batteries in their Angelus or Tonare? I tried following the included instructions, it says to "gently move battery box up and out of holder" but I can't get it to move. Which way is up? Towards the top or upper bout? Didn't think this was going to turn into a project.................sheesh

Ok, after walking away from it for a while, I realize nothing to move. Just slip the battery out. But now putting new battery in is still a bit of a pita.................but they are in. Thanks for playing..............

Last edited:
I've only used the pickup on my Tonare once. At some point I'll probably just take the batteries out and won't replace them.

I've only used the pickup on my Tonare once. At some point I'll probably just take the batteries out and won't replace them.

You should go ahead and take them out now, while you're thinking about it, Les. You don't want a 'dry' cell proving the moniker to be in error when it starts leaking in that beautiful guitar.

You should go ahead and take them out now, while you're thinking about it, Les. You don't want a 'dry' cell proving the moniker to be in error when it starts leaking in that beautiful guitar.

Very good point. Typically, how long does a 9v last before that happens, just out of curiosity?

I've wrestled with that battery holder twice now in my McManus. Unbelievably difficult.

Just out of curiosity, why? Looks pretty straightforward.

Let me know what the issues are before I go ahead and remove mine, please!

Just out of curiosity, why? Looks pretty straightforward.

Let me know what the issues are before I go ahead and remove mine, please!

Removing them is easy. It's putting a new set back in. You want/need to be gentle but you have to push kind of hard at the same time.........................

Removing them is easy. It's putting a new set back in. You want/need to be gentle but you have to push kind of hard at the same time.........................

Gotcha.

The old "I don't even want to watch this, let alone have to do it myself" conundrum!

Sounds like something I need to put off for a while, as my guitar isn't a year old yet., and I've only used the pickup once. No doubt the batteries are still good and aren't quite ready to start dribbling chemicals all over the inside of the guitar. ;)

It should be so simple, but first the Velcro strap gets in the way. Then the 1st battery clicks in easily but the 2nd doesn't want to connect. I switch them around and the same thing happens, then I switch from Eveready to Duracell; not any better. Then something unknown happens and they both click into place easily. Arghhhh!

I'm completely unfamiliar with the setup since I don't have a PRS acoustic but as a side note, Duracell have caused me issues in some pedals on occasion. The "square-ish" contact points don't always play well with others.

Back