And she's gone

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
Daisy sold on Thursday. Bittersweet day, but I'm so focused on acoustic that I'm good with it.

Went to Willcutt this morning and this followed me home, making me really happy:
d40e1.jpg

Looks great! I've always liked Guilds.

I figure you'll acquire another Vela soon enough, and have a nice set of axes.

Thanks! It's certainly possible, I know me :D

I've had a thing for Guilds for a long time. I had a 1980 D-40 from the Waverly factory, and have been kicking myself for getting rid of it. I wasn't as thrilled with the stuff they were turning out when Fender owned them, but the new Oxnard-built guitars are great. Hopefully Yamaha won't mess with them now that they have ownership.

Thanks! It's certainly possible, I know me :D

I've had a thing for Guilds for a long time. I had a 1980 D-40 from the Waverly factory, and have been kicking myself for getting rid of it. I wasn't as thrilled with the stuff they were turning out when Fender owned them, but the new Oxnard-built guitars are great. Hopefully Yamaha won't mess with them now that they have ownership.
My first acoustic was a Guild Dreadnaught, around 1969-70. I had it for several years, thought it was a fantastic guitar, and liked the Guild sound. Still do!

A friend had a Martin and I decided I had to have one similar to it, so I traded in the Guild. It was different, of course, but not better.

Just changed the strings to my preferred D'Addario EJ16s, and now I love her even more. Haven't found her name yet, though.

Back