And he always plays Smoke on the Water or Stairway

Sure, is he related to this guy?

uQCswPZ.jpg

He (and all his buddies) came into the guitar store I used to work at regularly. I think I remember his name, even!

My favorite version - Zappa's 88 band (in Cleveland and in Vienna).

Whenever I listen to FZ's version of STH, it reminds me of a Bob Dylan quote. When asked what he thought of Hendrix's version of "All Along The Watchtower", his response was "That's the way it was supposed to sound."!!! His bands were tighter than a (I won't use my normal phrase here) nuclear bunker and I always love hearing him take others music to the next level!

If this is butchery, I am in line for the best cut steaks covers can buy (sorry Les)!!!

Music is the BEST!
MW

Whenever I listen to FZ's version of STH, it reminds me of a Bob Dylan quote. When asked what he thought of Hendrix's version of "All Along The Watchtower", his response was "That's the way it was supposed to sound."!!! His bands were tighter than a (I won't use my normal phrase here) nuclear bunker and I always love hearing him take others music to the next level!

If this is butchery, I am in line for the best cut steaks covers can buy (sorry Les)!!!

Music is the BEST!
MW

The version on the new CD is different - it has a Frank solo before the Keneally/horns solo. I've got boots of several shows on that tour, and I don't remember ever hearing that arrangement before. Nice surprise!

Back