An Undeserved Kindness...But Only in Error

Last year, I received a charge on my credit card for five nights at an expensive hotel on the Las Vegas strip. Seemed like a strange charge since I was not in Vegas on those dates. I called the hotel and contested the charge. The clerk said he remembered me at the counter because of my unusual last name, but I told him I have not been in Vegas on those dates. I called the credit card company and canceled my credit card thinking that someone had stolen my information.
To make a long story short, there is a man in Cincinnati with my exact first and last name. They had gotten our information switched because I had stayed at the same hotel chain in New Orleans a month prior on a trip with Markie and Hans. It turned out to be an honest mistake, but was unnerving thinking somebody had stolen my identity.

Last edited:
Last year, I received a charge on my credit card for five nights at an expensive hotel on the Las Vegas strip. Seemed like a strange charge since I was not in Vegas on those dates. I called the hotel and contested the charge. The clerk said he remembered me at the counter because of my strange last name, but I told him I have not been in Vegas on those dates. I called the credit card company and canceled my credit card thinking that someone had stolen my information.
To make a long story short, there is a man in Cincinnati with my exact first and last name. They had gotten our information switched because I had stayed at the same hotel chain in New Orleans a month prior on a trip with Markie and Hans. It turned out to be an honest mistake, but was unnerving thinking somebody had stolen my identity.

Yup. This. Dave's reassured me that my Reverb or Dave's account had not been hacked, it was merely an accounting error on their behalf. Without going into detail, the sales rep from Dave's said their order picker mismatched my shipping address with the buyer's billing address, based on both of our same names. It seems that some ordering systems are connected by name or search alphabetically, and can generate shipping errors if a mismatch occurs.

I've requested time off from work this week to address some minor health issues and take care of some things that require drive time. Need to feel better soon, and the time off will give me a chance to "recharge the batteries and strengthen."

Was able to send out the Spark Mini-Boost via FedEx back to Dave's earlier today. Am hoping Dave has already replaced and shipped the missing Spark from his stock to the original buyer. I'd be a tad miffed if someone had errantly delivered an online order to the wrong address, but again, this is a separate case where its appropriate to exercise patience and hear the reason for the error. (And yes, I'd buy from Dave's again, even though accounting / shipping errors do happen...)

Yeah...I had a mystery package show up from Daves a couple of weeks ago myself...mine however, was from someone who shall remain nameless...cough, cough @Alnus Rubra. And it wasn't by mistake....well, I mean if it was...finders keepers right? :p:D they'll have to pry this one from my cold dead hands!
ldJUInS.jpg

Reuben knew you deserved it.

No Forum Brother should be without a PRS!

And Daves were very helpful. A big shout out to Tylor Fischer who was great. Thanks Bodia for the suggestion.

Scott you totally deserve that guitar.

I have Michelle on speed dial. Jim and I will be over with the shears! You have been warned.

No Forum Brother should be without a PRS!

And Daves were very helpful. A big shout out to Tylor Fischer who was great. Thanks Bodia for the suggestion.

Scott you totally deserve that guitar.

I have Michelle on speed dial. Jim and I will be over with the shears! You have been warned.

"Thank you" seems so small compared to the kindness you showed me bro. I'm forever grateful!

Oh no worries...I've already carved my initials in the back. She ain't going anywhere!!!

Just to clarify...I meant the guitar not Michelle. :D

Last edited:
Someone had managed to get my wifes CC info and bought a pair of VERY expensive designer sneakers, from one of those high end clothing retailers in NYC. Instead of having the sneakers delivered to themselves, the dumba$$es had them delivered to our house. We didnt even realize the charge occured until the box showed up on the doorstep. We got our money back from the store and kept the sneakers.

Hmmm, if i order SE HBII P, then claim CC Fraud, will the store and the wife let me keep it? Probably not.:oops:

Someone had managed to get my wifes CC info and bought a pair of VERY expensive designer sneakers, from one of those high end clothing retailers in NYC. Instead of having the sneakers delivered to themselves, the dumba$$es had them delivered to our house. We didnt even realize the charge occured until the box showed up on the doorstep. We got our money back from the store and kept the sneakers.

Hmmm, if i order SE HBII P, then claim CC Fraud, will the store and the wife let me keep it? Probably not.:oops:

Your sig line says it all. Hope you got the CC stuff squared away quickly.

I received 10 pounds of Maryland crab cakes, also originating from Wisconsin but clearly not Dave’s, meant for someone with my same name in TX. Since I’m in MA they told me to just keep them since it was too much hassle to have me repack them.

I never ordered from the company before, but a few years prior my Mom had sent me some crab cakes from them for my bday.

I like crab cakes...

I received 10 pounds of Maryland crab cakes, also originating from Wisconsin but clearly not Dave’s, meant for someone with my same name in TX. Since I’m in MA they told me to just keep them since it was too much hassle to have me repack them.

I never ordered from the company before, but a few years prior my Mom had sent me some crab cakes from them for my bday.

I like crab cakes...

AND PRS...

I like crab cakes...

I like food (including crab cakes) but I try to avoid putting my foot in my mouth. There. I said it.

Back