An Undeserved Kindness...But Only in Error

CandidPicker

Tone Matters. Use It Well.
Had kept quiet about this recently because I wasn't sure what this item was...

Had learned last week that a package was being delivered from Dave's Guitar Shop, but at the time, did not know the package weight.

A day after inquiring, discovered that the package weighed about 1 lb. What could it be? A t-shirt, something else?

The package arrived today. Turns out the item was a TC Electronic Spark Mini-Boost from Reverb.

Had someone gifted me an item? I did not order this. Had thought that someone from this forum might have been extraordinarily kind and sent something, but again, an effects pedal?

Quick call to Dave's revealed that the item was indeed purchased from Reverb, but a systems processing error at Dave's caused the wrong address on file to be printed for shipping.

Dave's will be sending an RMA and return label later today. *Phew*

What's more disconcerting is that there is someone out in AZ with my name, who is also a guitarist, who also buys stuff from Dave's on Reverb.

Next time I order from Dave's on Reverb, I'll need to give them a call to be sure the correct file is pulled.

Who is this CandidPickerAZ person?

Dunno, except he's got my same given name, the guy is a guitarist, and also purchased something from Dave's Reverb shop, and his and my name were mixed up in the shipping process...

The reason for the shipping error was that Dave's order picker pulled my name from Dave's files, since I'd ordered something from Dave's within the past year or so.

Return label printed and affixed. Will be sending back to Dave's Wednesday.

Dave's needs to be matching addresses with credit card addresses. That's what this Dave would do, anyway.

This happens in an ideal world. Sometime business file search engines contain similar names. What fascinates me is that the order originated in Phoenix, and was supposed to be shipped there. I can see how CC addresses would have some relevance to shipping there. Dave's said my account was not compromised, thankfully.

I remember one time my name got on a guitar magazine list for some other guy who had an abbreviated last name like mine. Similar first name, abbr. last name. For a while, I received free magazines intended for Todd Gilby. Didn't matter about the address or zip code, their system messed that up as well. Nice to receive issues of Guitar World, though. Not sure I ever was able to contact GW and let them know about their error in the mid-90's then.

I remember one time my name got on a guitar magazine list for some other guy who had an abbreviated last name like mine

I never had this problem, but I used to subscribe to “Bass Player Magazine.”

One day, an issue arrived mangled with the B and P torn off the cover.

My future wife then handed to me and said “Here’s your copy of ‘A$$ Layer Magazine’!”

I never had this problem, but I used to subscribe to “Bass Player Magazine.”

One day, an issue arrived mangled with the B and P torn off the cover.

My future wife then handed to me and said “Here’s your copy of ‘A$$ Layer Magazine’!”

Your wife sounds lovely. The kind of humor only bass players could love.

Dig a new hole, crappy memes pile up fast these days :)

This is where if I were just fresh out of college, I'd be all like, "Yeah, dude!"

Except that Rod had a way with words that stretched your mental faculties a little that wasn't included in the course curriculum.

At my age, the only thing that needs stretching is my legs. See you after a couple lagers, some beer nuts, and a reason to even bother watching TV. (I've got the blues this evening...)

CandidPicker, ever been diagnosed with MPD ? ;)

- just kidding!

but I knew someone (Chris) who had a 'double'. Friends of his reported speaking the the double; convinced he was Chris. This happened a number of times, so they were pretty much identical. That was pretty spooky for him. They both must have had Alopecia universalis too (no body hair).

Dunno, except he's got my same given name, the guy is a guitarist, and also purchased something from Dave's Reverb shop, and his and my name were mixed up in the shipping process...

The reason for the shipping error was that Dave's order picker pulled my name from Dave's files, since I'd ordered something from Dave's within the past year or so.

Return label printed and affixed. Will be sending back to Dave's Wednesday.

I'd be inclined to reach out and strike up a conversation. How many Candid Pickers can there be in the world?

Yeah...I had a mystery package show up from Daves a couple of weeks ago myself...mine however, was from someone who shall remain nameless...cough, cough @Alnus Rubra. And it wasn't by mistake....well, I mean if it was...finders keepers right? :p:D they'll have to pry this one from my cold dead hands!
ldJUInS.jpg

Yeah...I had a mystery package show up from Daves a couple of weeks ago myself...mine however, was from someone who shall remain nameless...cough, cough @Alnus Rubra. And it wasn't by mistake....well, I mean if it was...finders keepers right? :p:D they'll have to pry this one from my cold dead hands!

Congrats, Scott,

This was why I kept quiet about my unknown package...I wasn't sure what the item was, who sent it, etc, until I checked with Dave's...good thing I did...I'd not wish to receive something that belonged to someone else, especially if the shipment was made in error!

Besides, I've no use for the Spark Mini...my effects are all built into my HeadRush Gigboard...have currently received a return shipping label from Dave's and will be sending back Thursday...

I'd be inclined to reach out and strike up a conversation. How many Candid Pickers can there be in the world?

I hear what you're saying, Shawn, it's someone with the same first and last name, though I don't know his exact address other than the billing info from Reverb. According to Dave's, his shipping address is different from his billing address, which is the reason I cannot ship to him or contact him directly.

And TBH, there is someone else in my town with my same name (sans middle initial) who has been around longer than I have. We've never met, though I do know the guy's line of work. The guy from AZ is interesting in that we both share an interest in guitar, and have both purchased from Dave's Reverb Shop.

My life has been filled with a lot of coincidental things. If I didn't consider them coincidental, I'd be awfully paranoid (or at least slightly annoyed) about their occurrence. Time has taught me otherwise.

I hear what you're saying, Shawn, it's someone with the same first and last name, though I don't know his exact address other than the billing info from Reverb. According to Dave's, his shipping address is different from his billing address, which is the reason I cannot ship to him or contact him directly.

And TBH, there is someone else in my town with my same name (sans middle initial) who has been around longer than I have. We've never met, though I do know the guy's line of work. The guy from AZ is interesting in that we both share an interest in guitar, and have both purchased from Dave's Reverb Shop.

My life has been filled with a lot of coincidental things. If I didn't consider them coincidental, I'd be awfully paranoid (or at least slightly annoyed) about their occurrence. Time has taught me otherwise.

I hear ya.

I have such an unusual last name, if I hear of anyone with the same name, I just assume we're related. :)

Back