An Open Letter to Paul, Employees and Luthiers of PRS.

Robert Carr

Why can't I take my guitar everywhere??
Attempting to put down these thoughts as nice as possible. I would love if Paul and company read this, truly heartfelt message. Everyone is encouraged to contribute.

Dear Paul, Employees and Luthiers of PRS,

It is with great passion and utmost respect that I (or we, the members of PRS Forum) have the privilege of using the fine instruments created at your factory. What you started so many years ago has truly blossomed into a incredible amount of love, music and admiration that is shared by music players and collectors around the world.

First off, I cannot tell you how many times I have picked up my guitar (Artist Custom 24) and thought about what an incredible instrument I am holding. Every nook and cranny, every seam, screw, inlay and attachment has such an attention to detail. Anyone (player or not) can tell that it was made with love, care and an unyielding level of extraordinary detail that the instrument was not the next one coming down the assembly line, but something the makers would happily write their name on. Simply put, it is not just an instrument, it is something to be passed down in the family, (as you've said many times).

Second, unfortunately, I was unable to attend Experience. However, from what I've read, it was a great time to be had. I (We) would love to thank you for the time given to an event such as this so you and yours can give back to the players and collectors of your instruments. It is very honorable and admirable that the creators understand the consumer side of the fence, and having your factory listen and converse with the public is outstanding.

Third, I'm sure that back in 1985, things like YouTube, Periscope - even the Internet (in what it was back then), none of us thought that we would be able to communicate and interact what seems like common place today. Your factory has consistently interacted with the consumer and asked for comment/input, and recently, even wood selection and guitar construction on the Periscope builds. Thank you for the opportunity for even entertaining the idea of doing such a gesture.

To sum up, thank you Paul, Employees and Luthiers once again for your instrument line. Thank you for the interaction and the attention to detail. Thank you for the Experience, the music, and the love and care that each and every PRS shows.

Hmm, while I don't disagree with anything you say I don't necessarily consider it being a privilege to own or play PRS guitars, this isn't nepotism, they'll sell them to anyone who pays, it's a business. I pay for them because I want to own one. I could buy any of a thousand different brands but choose to buy PRS because I like 'em and they're a good product.

Privilege meaning:
something regarded as a rare opportunity and bringing particular pleasure.
"I have the privilege of awarding you this scholarship"
synonyms: honor, pleasure
"it was a privilege to meet her"

Wasn't meaning everyone to agree, everyone is entitled to thier opinions. I'm just stating what it means to me.

Well I'm sold Hook Line & Sinker. The whole brand has manifested into a passion.
I too didn't make exp this year but i'll do everthing to make next year.
I feel your vibe Sir.!!!

I thoroughly agree. You can make a statement and the semantics might not "ring true" for everyone, but there is no denying that the sentiment is there. Thanks for creating not only a piece of art, but also a great guitar. Mine is a P22 and I would not trade it for any of the other brands. Thank you for your dedication and commitment to creating great instruments.

Reactions: CVS
I would like to add - thank you for extending that quality, care, and musicality to the SE line and democratizing awesomeness.

Privilege means having special rights, advantages or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group.

No privilege there mate.

Yeah! You tell him!

(Or, perhaps you could refer to more than 1 part of the definition. Try this one:
"A special opportunity to do something that makes you proud" )

Kevin

OP is happy PRS exists. Let's treat this thread the same way we treat a NGD thread and not pee in other people's Wheaties.

Carry on.

Back