An ME1, MEV, and PS Custom 24-08 walk into a bar...

Silvertree

I love the smell of a PRS case in the morning.
Looking for a fourth to join their group! I am turning over my collection but I still one to add one more and I can't decide what. I've thought about getting a 408/Signature Limited again but I feel like there is a fair amount of overlap between the MEV and the 24-08. I can play on a pattern vintage although I've found that pattern regular or pattern are my favorite necks so that leaves out the 594. No Silver Sky, I can't do that radius/small frets. I can't wrap my head around the Vela. The Santana's are amazing guitars but once again they have a bigger neck. So what should I look at?

I'm not taking this too seriously. I thought it would be fun to hear about everyone's favorites and see if anything caught my attention.

I'm a huge 408/Sig. Ltd. fan, but yeah actually the overlap would probably be most with your 24-08 (not just the MEV). I think you need a Paul's Guitar now, though.

I'm a huge 408/Sig. Ltd. fan, but yeah actually the overlap would probably be most with your 24-08 (not just the MEV). I think you need a Paul's Guitar now, though.
Aren’t the MEV pickups essentially the same as Paul’s Guitar pickups?

You have an awfully nice lineup.

I like my Special Semi-Hollow a lot. So maybe that's worth a look.
Thank you. That’s certainly a compliment coming for you. I have been very tempted but I thought it might be too similar to the MEV. But I sure love what I have heard of them.

Yes. I sold my 2018 Exp Ltd Paul's after I got my ME-V. I also moved my 509 and Special Semi-Hollow. Just to close. The Special I probably should have kept, just for the Semi-Hollow aspect.

McCarty 594 SC.
This. The only (current) PRS models further afield from your collection would be the SiIver Sky and Fiore.

I wish I could find a 594 in a pattern or pattern regular neck.
The PV neck profile isn't so far off of "Pattern". I have a 594 and while I can slightly tell the difference (if anything, it seems ever so slightly easier to play the 594's PV over a normal Pattern neck), I wouldn't call it miles apart. From the PRS website:

"The Pattern Vintage neck has the same width measurements as PRS's Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the bass side of the neck toward the nut end and a little less meat on the treble side of the neck from the twelfth fret to the heel."

Crap... yeah... ignore that suggestion, then. Allow me then to suggest something possibly like the ME III or the Studio NF (from the ~2011 era).

And FWIW, I too am very much comfortable with all the PRS necks, except for the 594's "Pattern Vintage" profile. And I've tried a few times--with some beautiful and sweet-sounding 594 guitars, believe me--but just couldn't get comfortable with Pattern Vintage. (And Pattern is my favorite, too.) So, you're not the only one, it's not just in your head.

Reading the title made me envision a Modern Eagle I, with the skinny MEV single coil in the middle, and with the 24-08 control layout. Yummmmm

Thank you. That’s certainly a compliment coming for you. I have been very tempted but I thought it might be too similar to the MEV. But I sure love what I have heard of them.
I was worried about that with my 20th Private Stock Anniversary model - geez that's a mouthful - since it has two Paul's pickups and a middle narrowfield, but the difference in the pickups, and the semi-hollow resonances, make it a completely different beast.

I was worried about that with my 20th Private Stock Anniversary model - geez that's a mouthful - since it has two Paul's pickups and a middle narrowfield, but the difference in the pickups, and the semi-hollow resonances, make it a completely different beast.
Thank you for the words. I really appreciate it.

Crap... yeah... ignore that suggestion, then. Allow me then to suggest something possibly like the ME III or the Studio NF (from the ~2011 era).

And FWIW, I too am very much comfortable with all the PRS necks, except for the 594's "Pattern Vintage" profile. And I've tried a few times--with some beautiful and sweet-sounding 594 guitars, believe me--but just couldn't get comfortable with Pattern Vintage. (And Pattern is my favorite, too.) So, you're not the only one, it's not just in your head.
I had a 594 and it was a fun guitar but the extra bit of thickness through me off. It was a rosewood neck guitar so I thought about having it reshaped but I had the opportunity to sell it to the CIO of my company who fell in love with it while filming a silly little video for our company. He had always wanted to learn to play guitar and I couldn't resist when he offered to buy it.

Back