An Awesome Modeler Would Be...

that is who/where I contacted a month ago...

yes, we are selling the PROFILER Stage directly but when you will order it from us you have to pay duty and tax by importing the goods.

Unfortunately it's not possible for us to tell you how much you have to pay as it's different from country to country.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Best regards,

Vivian Miriam Prinz

Sales Administration
Good to know! Thanks for that.

I'm partial to both the Kemper and Axe-FX for different reasons. I've used them all over my work such as this:

I bought the fx3 when it went on sale....and now's there's a combo black friday sale of course. Lots to learn, decent unit, I'd still like to compare a Kemper to it but the reality is there's no returning the Axe once you get it, not in Canada. Import fees, shipping, it's not worth it. I'd just have to sell it and take a hit either way. Not to say I want to sell it, but if I tried the Kemper and liked it better then what do I do? Both right? really the only answer, but that's not happening.

I bought the fx3 when it went on sale....and now's there's a combo black friday sale of course. Lots to learn, decent unit, I'd still like to compare a Kemper to it but the reality is there's no returning the Axe once you get it, not in Canada. Import fees, shipping, it's not worth it. I'd just have to sell it and take a hit either way. Not to say I want to sell it, but if I tried the Kemper and liked it better then what do I do? Both right? really the only answer, but that's not happening.
Lots of people joes to pros love it, so as long as it works for you it's all good!

I wish I could try a Kemper. There are too many out there claiming that "this is as good as that" while others say it isn't. MANY people at TGP claim that in the purest of forms, just amp modeling, that the Atomic modelers are as good as the Factal and Kemper. Then some say they aren't. And when they do, you never know how exactly they auditioned the tones in order to make that comparison. Did the just listen to presets? Did they strip it down to just the amp block and start from scratch? Did they try other known good IRs? And not knowing that, makes actual "facts" very hard to come by. I bought a few Celestion IR's and each model comes with a dizzying array of options... talk about a rabbit hole! I just want one that sounds REAL and like a Marshall 4x12 with Greenbacks or V30s or whatever cab it's supposed to be. With all the mics and variances they give you for each cab model, usually only a couple sound really good with any amp anyway. Don't need 30 options for a 4x12 Marshall cab with Greenbacks!

I found Jay Mitchells reflection free IR for clean tones was a revelation. Literally added several levels of realism to the clean tones. If I could find something that good for the gain tones, I'd be willing to say the Atomic is as good as anything. But what you find out is that IR's are EVERYTHING! When I bypass the cab block and plug the Atomic into the return of the Archon and play it through real speakers, it sounds incredible, real and just like an amp. So I've become more and more convinced that it's the IR's that are the weak link as of now. Jays IR took my clean tones to a level that would rival any amp. His Marshal cab IR doesn't have that same magic with my gainy presets though. But I'm convinced that the real breakthroughs will come with IR's because the amps being modeled are pretty much there now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could try a Kemper. There are too many out there claiming that "this is as good as that" while others say it isn't. MANY people at TGP claim that in the purest of forms, just amp modeling, that the Atomic modelers are as good as the Factal and Kemper. Then some say they aren't. And when they do, you never know how exactly they auditioned the tones in order to make that comparison. Did the just listen to presets? Did they strip it down to just the amp block and start from scratch? Did they try other known good IRs? And not knowing that, makes actual "facts" very hard to come by. I bought a few Celestion IR's and each model comes with a dizzying array of options... talk about a rabbit hole! I just want one that sounds REAL and like a Marshall 4x12 with Greenbacks or V30s or whatever cab it's supposed to be. With all the mics and variances they give you for each cab model, usually only a couple sound really good with any amp anyway. Don't need 30 options for a 4x12 Marshall cab with Greenbacks!

I found Jay Mitchells reflection free IR for clean tones was a revelation. Literally added several levels of realism to the clean tones. If I could find something that good for the gain tones, I'd be willing to say the Atomic is as good as anything. But what you find out is that IR's are EVERYTHING! When I bypass the cab block and plut the Atomic into the return of the Archon and play it through real speakers, it sounds incredible, real and just like an amp. So I've become more and more convinced that it's the IR's that are the weak link as of now. Jays IR took my clean tones to a level that would rival any amp. His Marshal cab IR doesn't have that same magic with my gainy presets though. But I'm convinced that the real breakthroughs will come with IR's because the amps being modeled are pretty much there now.
You can come try mine. Plug it into the 4x10 my MDT comes with. It’s loaded with 1,000 (or maybe 999) Britt profiles.

I found Jay Mitchells reflection free IR for clean tones was a revelation. Literally added several levels of realism to the clean tones. If I could find something that good for the gain tones, I'd be willing to say the Atomic is as good as anything. But what you find out is that IR's are EVERYTHING! When I bypass the cab block and plut the Atomic into the return of the Archon and play it through real speakers, it sounds incredible, real and just like an amp. So I've become more and more convinced that it's the IR's that are the weak link as of now. Jays IR took my clean tones to a level that would rival any amp. His Marshal cab IR doesn't have that same magic with my gainy presets though. But I'm convinced that the real breakthroughs will come with IR's because the amps being modeled are pretty much there now.
Yeah, there's something to be said for the IR story.
I haven't bothered to try that with the Kemper yet. I just go find a profile that sounds good and stick with it, although you can change the "cab/IR".
One of the things coming to Kemper is the "Kone" and Kabinet. You'll be able to pick from a list of 16 different virtual speakers to send to a custom built physical speaker. That speaker will be (I believe) a custom version of the Celestion F12-X200. Should be interesting, and apparently gives some of that "amp in the room" feel back to backline.

I dunno about amp modeling, but my wife was a Victoria’s Secret model.

“What? That’s complete BS.”

“Well, she could have been, like, in the 80s.”

“Uhm, OK.”

“Just because you took pictures of your wife in lingerie doesn’t make her a Victoria’s Secret model, Les.”

“There are no pictures of her in lingerie.”

“I said you took pictures of her in lingerie. I didn’t say she was wearing it.”

Yeah, there's something to be said for the IR story.
I haven't bothered to try that with the Kemper yet. I just go find a profile that sounds good and stick with it, although you can change the "cab/IR".
One of the things coming to Kemper is the "Kone" and Kabinet. You'll be able to pick from a list of 16 different virtual speakers to send to a custom built physical speaker. That speaker will be (I believe) a custom version of the Celestion F12-X200. Should be interesting, and apparently gives some of that "amp in the room" feel back to backline.

Check out some vids of Britt’s new amp. Kemper into it = amp in room

Check out some vids of Britt’s new amp. Kemper into it = amp in room

Couldn’t you just, you know, put an actual tube amp in the room?

On a side note...

If the Kemper really did what folks claimed for it, that it was indistinguishable from a real tube amp, why does anyone need a tube combo amp to run it into in order to make it sound like a real amp?

Wait, I think the gods of music are giving me their answer...

On a side note...

If the Kemper really did what folks claimed for it, that it was indistinguishable from a real tube amp, why does anyone need a tube combo amp to run it into in order to make it sound like a real amp?

Well for my situation I'd need 12 amps and 10 different cabinets to reproduce what I'm getting out of the Kemper. It's a tad lighter...:p

On a side note...

C’mon Les, a man of your knowledge surely knows variety is the spice of life :D. Why settle for 3 or 4 when I can have them all for the price of just one?

When I first got my Kemper, my bandmate/lead player was a bit horrified I think.
He was very used to, and really liked the heavy thump, pant flapping chunky rhythm feel I was putting out on stage with my 3x12 Custom 50 combo and Avatar 2x12.
He missed that, and not gonna lie I did too to some degree. That being said, the beautiful tone was not heard well in all rooms without extra effort that did not provide the same results in various locations.
As I fine tuned my tones, along with new amp and cab choices things became more clear. I had no idea I'd like a Plexi, or a Friedman BE, or a Joe Bonamassa Fender Twin. Those and a bunch of others found their way into our songs. Such versatility, without needing an endless array of pedals and such.
Now I see my lead player wirelessly heading out to the dance floor to check things out and coming back saying "Dayum... that sounds good out there!".
So there's the rub.
Who am I trying to satisfy? For me, it's the audience. I am now extremely comfortable knowing that what I hear, they hear. And I don't need or have to put up with micing a cab, worrying about what kind of sound guy is there, stumbling into the mic etc. It just works, and sounds the same everywhere.
But... it's not the same for everyone, that's for sure.
Les has a situation where I see a nicely controlled environment. Perfect to get dearly loved tones out of a select few high quality amps and mics, and cabs. Perfect.
Also lots of players have their amp/cab/pedalboard routine down pat. Awesome!
I get to fill the room with tones that work for us, with very little fuss on my part. A cover band players dream rig (for me).
Simple, light, and portable.
Love my tube amps too though.
YMMV, but it's a great time to be a guitar player no matter what you choose to play through.:)

C’mon Les, a man of your knowledge surely knows variety is the spice of life :D. Why settle for 3 or 4 when I can have them all for the price of just one?

Variety is not the spice of life.

Quality is.

It’s the thing that brings real satisfaction and joy. Not just in things we buy; It applies to all things we care about, like quality relationships, quality experiences, quality music, everything.

Quality - which includes depth and richness - is worth more than variety, It will satisfy long-term. That’s why you play PRS instead of lesser guitars. Quality includes performance, not just finish and looks. Quality is deep, not superficial.

So I’m not settling for 3 or 4 amps, I’m enjoying them immensely and getting my best tones ever. They’re satisfying my playing needs. If I want another amp, I put together the dough and get another real one.

It takes me time to save for that, but the rewards are longer-term, and, for me, infinitely more satisfying.

Since I would not be satisfied with the amp sims in a Kemper, the number of models available is a non-starter, because I don’t want any of them! What benefit would 10,000 things I don’t want bring me?

So yeah, I’d much rather have three or four things I want.

Ever have a great, well-worn, leather jacket you loved to wear? Would you have traded it for a load of pleather jackets in every color?

If you get real satisfaction flipping through a load of amp models, great! That’s a quality experience for you, because it’s what you want. Doesn’t work that way for me.

Variety is not the spice of life.

Quality is.

It’s the thing that brings real satisfaction and joy. Not just in things we buy; It applies to all things we care about, like quality relationships, quality experiences, quality music, everything.

Quality - which includes depth and richness - is worth more than variety, It will satisfy long-term. That’s why you play PRS instead of lesser guitars. Quality includes performance, not just finish and looks. Quality is deep, not superficial.

So I’m not settling for 3 or 4 amps, I’m enjoying them immensely and getting my best tones ever. They’re satisfying my playing needs. If I want another amp, I put together the dough and get another real one.

It takes me time to save for that, but the rewards are longer-term, and, for me, infinitely more satisfying.

Since I would not be satisfied with the amp sims in a Kemper, the number of models available is a non-starter, because I don’t want any of them! What benefit would 10,000 things I don’t want bring me?

So yeah, I’d much rather have three or four things I want.

Ever have a great, well-worn, leather jacket you loved to wear? Would you have traded it for a load of pleather jackets in every color?

If you get real satisfaction flipping through a load of amp models, great! That’s a quality experience for you, because it’s what you want. Doesn’t work that way for me.
Variety is the spice bud... it lets you be you, and me be me. Your environment is enviable to be sure.

I like the post up until the ending finale "If you get real satisfaction flipping through a load of amp models, great! That’s a quality experience for you, because it’s what you want. Doesn’t work that way for me." I think the Kemper is way more practical with awesome sounds. Does it have the dynamics of an amp in a room? No, but I would take it over a pedal platform with a clean amp. No pedals I've ever heard sound as good as the amp/cabinet models on the Kemper. There is loads of them but usually what happens is I start playing on one and it sounds so good I'm gone for a while.

I am loving my Headrush Gigboard. It gives me a glimpse what famous amps sound like without buying it.

I play metal and so far I see the reason for the reputation of the ffg:..

SLO 100
Peavey 5150
Mesa Dual Rec
Bogner Ecstacy

Back