An Awesome Modeler Would Be...

I nearly pooped myself when he started singing. Huge pipes and I’m pretty sure that was a bunch of country lyrics he was belting out. Not what I expected, but in a really good way.

+1

Seems I’m full of preconceptions, didn’t expect this musical genre when I saw the header page! Ok, ok, I’m old!

I nearly pooped myself when he started singing. Huge pipes and I’m pretty sure that was a bunch of country lyrics he was belting out. Not what I expected, but in a really good way.

Immediately transported me to my youth. His voice sounds like a tan felt pool table on Big Bear Lake and a pre-puberty anxiety attack in Minnesota Fabrics.

I hate country music. :p

+1

Seems I’m full of preconceptions, didn’t expect this musical genre when I saw the header page! Ok, ok, I’m old!

Totally not what I expected, either. When Fallon held up the album cover while he was introducing Kane I saw the neck tattoo and turned to the wife and said, "this will be quick." I'm not a huge fan of rap and assumed that's what I'd be listening to. We usually turn it off at that point.

That line of thinking really pisses me off. As a leather jacket wearing, long haired, earring sporting youth, I loved to f**k with people by being ultra polite (yes, sir...thank you ma'am...etc) when they were reaching for the alarm button solely based on my appearance. Now I'm doing the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

There’s science in hate? OK.
He’s being dramatic. :rolleyes:

If I can listen to Gwar for more than 10 seconds (even if I’m not looking at them, which is their best aspect as a band) I can listen to Jason Aldean long enough to cover it and put my twist to it. Ironically, I’m getting more accepting as I get older. This has to be what session artists put up with (Cory Churco comes to mind, being such a shredder and rocker playing with Shenia Twain...or Pete Thorn). I can only dream of having 10% of their real perspective.

An awesome modeler....

Well, as a long time Helix user (since it's release) I do think that my ability to build rigs is beyond satisfactory. I do, however, think there could be things that are added to make modeling go to the "next level". Personally, I would love to have a Helix unit that was ONLY an amp/cab modeler, with a couple of effects - compressors and some simple reverbs for imitating ACTUAL space (no "effect" reverbs).

Being a guy that is pretty much a "meat-n-potatoes" amp tone dude - shoot, I rarely even use drive pedals in the Helix!! It's all about the sound of the amp and cab for me. I'd like a wide selection of preamps, which Helix has. Every amp modeled has a preamp version. Then I would like power amp models:

* single, double, quad 6V6
* single, double, quad 6L6
* single, double, quad 5881
* single, double, quad EL34
* single, double 6550
* single. double, quad el84

I like the parameters Line 6 currently offers - sag, hum, bias, bias X (?). But, I think adding any presence and/or resonance controls should be added to the power section, not the preamp section. Another parameter that would be awesome is the ability to determine if the power amp is going to run in triode or pentode mode. I know having those parameters on my Rivera offered me a variety of tonal interactions that other amps didn't give.

Building an amp via modeling would be killer. Line 6 already is using component-based modeling in the HX models. Just by taking some time to work with an amp designer on modeled power amps (of course, these would more than likely have to be based on original builds as opposed to direct classic power amps), Line 6 COULD make a product that enabled the user to "build" their own amp.

Problem? Mot guitarist are stuck in the "copying" frame of mind:

"I want the tone Jimi used at Woodstock!"

Not:

"I want a great, original sound to amplify MY guitars in the way that makes them sound best."

Personally, I have always considered myself an "artist" first. I paint pictures with sound. I create original music that expresses my thoughts and feelings. I want to sound like ME when I play guitar. Pretentious, in a way - but in 35 years of playing I have only learned a handful of other artists' songs - and tend to forget them almost as soon as I can stop having to play them.

I mentioned that last bit because the concept of a modeler that focused on allowing me to "build an amp" instead of being pre-loaded with a ton of tones that cop that "sounds of popular guitarists from over the years" is VERY appealing. However, I am more than likely in the minority....

Just my thoughts on the topic, lol.

Modelers...

I had the same thoughts as what Nita Strauss mentions in this video somewhere around 15:00... She's not after what it models. But rather, if it sounds good to her. She doesn't even know what her patches is model'ing or simulating.

Oh yeah, she's hot too. I can watch her play with that whammy all day.

Modelers...She's not after what it models. But rather, if it sounds good to her.
That’s not exactly how I start, but that’s how I end. Gravitate toward the kind of results you might get from a particular amp then finalize on what’s responds and sounds the best. Sometimes the oddest tweaks make the response jump out of the profile, and exceed your expectations of what you set out to find originally...even if it departs from the norm for that amp. I think it’s a good philosophy.

kemper, fractal, kemper, fractal...my head is going to explode trying to decide. The Stage seems to be having some major quality issues. The Fractal Axe is expensive no doubt but the new FM3 with a FC6 foot controller is on par with the Kemper stage....but it might be out until mid next year at this rate. I have no idea what to get.

kemper, fractal, kemper, fractal...my head is going to explode trying to decide. The Stage seems to be having some major quality issues. The Fractal Axe is expensive no doubt but the new FM3 with a FC6 foot controller is on par with the Kemper stage....but it might be out until mid next year at this rate. I have no idea what to get.
Get a used Kemper with foot controller.
That way if you don't like the tones (not bloody likely) you can sell it for what you paid. They keep their value well.
And if you do like the tones (highly likely), sell it and get the Stage if that's the form factor you prefer.

Get a used Kemper with foot controller.
That way if you don't like the tones (not bloody likely) you can sell it for what you paid. They keep their value well.
And if you do like the tones (highly likely), sell it and get the Stage if that's the form factor you prefer.

I'll never sell it where I live. I'm also on an island which makes shipping $$$. It doesn't seem like I can even get a stage here in Canada yet with end of November being the earliest. I could have an AXE III within days though as they air ship. But Axe will be 3800 by itself CDN, and Stage will be 2600. That's taxes inc. Kemper gets 3 yr warranty too. But I have to start sending broken stages back and forth and some people are on their 4th one.....well, that's a concern.

I'll never sell it where I live. I'm also on an island which makes shipping $$$. It doesn't seem like I can even get a stage here in Canada yet with end of November being the earliest. I could have an AXE III within days though as they air ship. But Axe will be 3800 by itself CDN, and Stage will be 2600. That's taxes inc. Kemper gets 3 yr warranty too. But I have to start sending broken stages back and forth and some people are on their 4th one.....well, that's a concern.
What island ? Last time I looked at the Canadian Kemper store, they were delivering within 3 business days

Yeah I can get Kemper to send it directly from Germany, but they can't guarantee total duties at the door. I can get it from Long and Mquade Musical Store chain here in Canada, and not worry about duties, plus if it breaks I just bring it back to the store. If I buy it from Kemper Direct I'm not sure how shipping is handled with returns across the ocean and all. Paperwork alone might be a headache. I'm in NL.

Yeah I can get Kemper to send it directly from Germany, but they can't guarantee total duties at the door. I can get it from Long and Mquade Musical Store chain here in Canada, and not worry about duties, plus if it breaks I just bring it back to the store. If I buy it from Kemper Direct I'm not sure how shipping is handled with returns across the ocean and all. Paperwork alone might be a headache. I'm in NL.
This looks to me like there is a Canadian outlet/location, just like there are 3 for US customers.
https://shop.kempermusic.com/ca/en/kemper/profiler/56/profiler-stage
3 days for delivery? Definitely in Canada. Free shipping, and you have to pay local taxes.
Anyway, you can hit them up with questions about where they are and where you'd have to ship back to, etc.

that is who/where I contacted a month ago...

yes, we are selling the PROFILER Stage directly but when you will order it from us you have to pay duty and tax by importing the goods.

Unfortunately it's not possible for us to tell you how much you have to pay as it's different from country to country.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Best regards,

Vivian Miriam Prinz

Sales Administration

Back