Amyone elses #1 a simple S2?

I have some nicer guitars including a Custom 22 but my go to guitar is a 2015 S2 Standard 22 all original...admittedly others might haver better pups but this guitar just plays so well, the rosewood board is soft and broken in and the strings bend like butter and the action is low with zero buzz...I wouldn't trade this thing for a 594! Really the best bang guitar in the entire line IMO....anyone else???

NOT I says TT

The lower-end PRS guitars get played enough to form a bond. I love my McCarty 58, but I rarely play it because the guitar is a work of art. It is easily one of the most beautiful PRS guitars that I have seen. That is why it is getting culled from my collection and sold. Guitars are meant to be played, not exist as case queens. I am more comfortable playing guitars that I am not afraid to scratch. My '09 Mira Korina is a nice looking guitar, but it is a working man's instrument. What I find interesting is that the early PRS guitars were modeled after another lower-end instrument; namely, the Les Paul Junior. The Les Paul Junior was popular because it was affordable and had a unique vibe. Leslie West is best known for playing a Junior, but so did Mick Ralphs, Paul Kossoff, Peter Frampton, Neil Young, Keith Richards, Dave Peverett, Steve Howe, and many others. The Les Paul Junior later became a punk rock staple. Simple is often better than complex.

The lower-end PRS guitars get played enough to form a bond. I love my McCarty 58, but I rarely play it because the guitar is a work of art. It is easily one of the most beautiful PRS guitars that I have seen. That is why it is getting culled from my collection and sold. Guitars are meant to be played, not exist as case queens. I am more comfortable playing guitars that I am not afraid to scratch. My '09 Mira Korina is a nice looking guitar, but it is a working man's instrument. What I find interesting is that the early PRS guitars were modeled after another lower-end instrument; namely, the Les Paul Junior. The Les Paul Junior was popular because it was affordable and had a unique vibe. Leslie West is best known for playing a Junior, but so did Mick Ralphs, Paul Kossoff, Peter Frampton, Neil Young, Keith Richards, Dave Peverett, Steve Howe, and many others. The Les Paul Junior later became a punk rock staple. Simple is often better than complex.

It took me about 3 years to finally come to the same conclusion on my case queen. I'm not a collector, so why keep a queen?

God help me, I love 'em all, Les Paul, 335, Strat, Tele, Tal Farlow...

For the gig, they all stay home--my go-to guitar is the S2 Custom 24.

It took me about 3 years to finally come to the same conclusion on my case queen. I'm not a collector, so why keep a queen?

I would be happy to play out with my Gibson R9 or PRS 513 with Brazilian RW neck....but neither one sounds as good as the PRS S2 Studio, so they both tend to live in their cases. :)

Simple S2??? I gutted mine. Seymour Duncan Alnico II pups, all clothe braided vintage wiring, CTS pots, PIO CAP, USA Switch... most amazing sounding, all-in-one guitar I have, R8 stays in the case. I do get the PRS customs out once in a while.

I use my S2 custom 22 semi hollow for most of my gigs. I did put a core bridge on it, and a set of Thornbuckers in it, because I can’t find a set of core 85/15’s anywhere..reasonably priced, anyway..lol.. it is as good as any of my core models, and it’s super light, and very resonant. I don’t love the g&b 85/15 pickups, they’re lacking that certain something, that the core models have..the secret sauce, I guess? I do however, play my Vela, straight up stock..so, I can’t say all g&b pickups are lacking. It’s so nice to have choices! :)

Back