Amp Makeover Day

1Xv.gif

Ahazz, you're a mad genius! Of course you saved the original grates, or did you fully commit?

Either way, this is a star move! No question on what amp the guy with the blue beard is playing :D cool!

Thanks! The originals are restorable if need be - but I don't foresee a need :). Well, mostly restorable - some of the piping on the cab got destroyed, so I'd have to do something to replace it if I went that route.

I posted it in a Dumble-ish amp group on Facebook, and just got this comment, which amuses me in so many ways:

"its hideous looking. lt reminds me of a 20 yr. old kid in a fedora, vest ,tie-dye and converse' in austin, tx. trying to sound like tom waits doin really deep americana music about memphis. Not at all like a Fuchs crankin' at an Umphrey's blow out. Just my HO."

I'm 53 and in a bowler rather than a fedora, but I do like playing Americana. Also, while I do enjoy jam bands, Umphrey's is SO not my thing. So, looks like I nailed the right vibe for me :D .

On another note, however, I will never understand the motivation of those who feel the need to crap on someone else's happiness, rather than scrolling past the thing they don't like. It puzzles me, even if this particular comment amused me rather than upsetting me.

Last edited:
I posted it in a Dumble-ish amp group on Facebook, and just got this comment, which amuses me in so many ways:

"its hideous looking. lt reminds me of a 20 yr. old kid in a fedora, vest ,tie-dye and converse' in austin, tx. trying to sound like tom waits doin really deep americana music about memphis. Not at all like a Fuchs crankin' at an Umphrey's blow out. Just my HO."

I'm 53 and in a bowler rather than a fedora, but I do like playing Americana. Also, while I do enjoy jam bands, Umphrey's is SO not my thing. So, looks like I nailed the right vibe for me :D .

On another note, however, I will never understand the motivation of those who feel the need to crap on someone else's happiness, rather than scrolling past the thing they don't like. It puzzles me, even if this particular comment amused me rather than upsetting me.

I still get random comments on some of my “folk art” project guitars, it’s amusing, especially the negative comments.

@Aahzz I know it’s like water of a ducks back, but just let the sh!te comments go down the drain where they belong!

No worries here, my skin is thick :). I'm definitely more amused by comments and they tell me more about the person making the comment than they do about my own, admittedly different, choices. Walking around with a blue beard and a fair number of visible tattoos, wearing a bowler, tends to cause many people to make comments, and they're not always polite.

No worries here, my skin is thick :). I'm definitely more amused by comments and they tell me more about the person making the comment than they do about my own, admittedly different, choices. Walking around with a blue beard and a fair number of visible tattoos, wearing a bowler, tends to cause many people to make comments, and they're not always polite.

I lived in NYC for 73 years.
No one would even notice.

:D

Back