Amp Love Thing

I went visual and saw you running through the woods, wireless, recklessly “windmilling”!

I love my mind!

It’s no good running wirelessly and recklessly through the woods making loud guitar noises unless you’re also naked. Just mentioning that to increase the joy of your visual. ;)

This topic.... For years I always thought “get the best guitars and any decent amp” because the guitar IS the instrument, after all. Then I got some GOOD amps and starting realizing how important the amps are. I went from “amp plus pedals” guy to “bunch of amps” guy quickly.

Amps just have SO much character and are basically the things your ears hear. The better my amps got, the more I wanted, but the more I also knew that they required some relatively serious volume levels to achieve the tones those amps make... which made me circle back to digital... I’ll stop here before I puke.

It’s no good running wirelessly and recklessly through the woods making loud guitar noises unless you’re also naked. Just mentioning that to increase the joy of your visual. ;)

Giggle! I’m trying to stifle my laughter, so as not to wake Mrs A!

My old house was on a really large wooded lot, and I decided it’d be fine to open up a 100 Watt Tremoverb combo and hear what it sounded like full up.

My son was getting off the school bus at the corner, a good distance away, and said he could hear me playing as clear as day.

It was loud.
I have this luxury now. My house is on 5+ acres and the nearest neighbor is a couple hundred yards away. I usually don't, but I can open the amp up and let her breath. My hearing is the only limiting factor. I'm sure the neighbors can hear it when I do, but it isn't so loud or last so long that they get annoyed. They don't even complain about the 100 yard shooting range in my back yard. Probably because I can hear them out on Saturdays shooting too. I should invite them over for a Saturday shoot and jam BBQ!

Back