AMP GAS - It Is After Me!

My amp gas for this year revolves around getting all my existing amps up to spec/fully restored; in my case, that's quite a goal all by itself.

The three Two Rocks are running as well/better than they have for years, as are some of the Groove Tubes pre/power amps, and the big (Zinky) Fenders.

Next up are the pair of black panel Showman amps; then my plexi Marshall PA head, the spare Boogies I want to sell (not gigging, so surplus to requirements), and my '70 Hiwatt DR103.

That should nicely take me to Jan 2024, when I can start on a clean sheet with the rest of the "amp mountain" :rolleyes:

My amp gas for this year revolves around getting all my existing amps up to spec/fully restored; in my case, that's quite a goal all by itself.

The three Two Rocks are running as well/better than they have for years, as are some of the Groove Tubes pre/power amps, and the big (Zinky) Fenders.

Next up are the pair of black panel Showman amps; then my plexi Marshall PA head, the spare Boogies I want to sell (not gigging, so surplus to requirements), and my '70 Hiwatt DR103.

That should nicely take me to Jan 2024, when I can start on a clean sheet with the rest of the "amp mountain" :rolleyes:
Tell Me About Your "Spare" Boogies.

I Got Rid Of A /13 RSA 23 And Have Kicked Myself Since For Doing So. Every /13 Amp I Have Played Had Been Enjoyable. Good On You For Grabbing One. I Hope You Enjoy The Heck Out Of It! :)
I formally appoint you my amp purchase therapist. It will be a daunting task. Pay is cheap. Risks may include hitman hired by my wife.

If Your IV And TriaAxis Are Minty Clean Hit Me Up.
Sadly the MkIV is well-gigged and the TriAxis is stuck in membrane-repair limbo. Not to mention, I'm in the UK these days - Floriduh is but a distant memory.
I’d love to be a raccoon eating outta your trash cans.

If any of you can get across the Pond, you are more than welcome to eat out of our trash cans: though we would probably invite you inside, if it's all the same to you.......

Sadly the MkIV is well-gigged and the TriAxis is stuck in membrane-repair limbo. Not to mention, I'm in the UK these days - Floriduh is but a distant memory.

If any of you can get across the Pond, you are more than welcome to eat out of our trash cans: though we would probably invite you inside, if it's all the same to you.......
I can eat

Metropolous is coming out with a 50w version of the Metroplex. I’ve heard the prototype. Absolutely incredible. I’m holding out for that one. But, a JP2C would be pretty great too.

Metropolous is coming out with a 50w version of the Metroplex. I’ve heard the prototype. Absolutely incredible. I’m holding out for that one. But, a JP2C would be pretty great too.
Definitely love those home town Michigan music companies. Not to mention our craft brewers.

Their amps sound great on their website, probably better in person. I sometimes think about trying to track down one of their older amps.

Definitely love those home town Michigan music companies. Not to mention our craft brewers.

Their amps sound great on their website, probably better in person. I sometimes think about trying to track down one of their older amps.

If you can hold out for a couple months, you’ll probably be able to get a brand new 50w Metroplex for the price of a used 100w. I think the 50w sounds amazing; it’s smaller, lighter, plenty powerful, and has all the features you could possibly need. I’ve exclusively played my 100w live for years now, but that will change when the 50w comes out.

If you can hold out for a couple months, you’ll probably be able to get a brand new 50w Metroplex for the price of a used 100w. I think the 50w sounds amazing; it’s smaller, lighter, plenty powerful, and has all the features you could possibly need. I’ve exclusively played my 100w live for years now, but that will change when the 50w comes out.
It will be a bit before I get to buy another amp.

Just what I need. More amp GAS! :eek:

I have a bucket list. There's more on it than I'll live to play! ;)

Back