AMP GAS - It Is After Me!

I don't know if it was this thread, or a different one where we discussed Komet amps, but it reminded me how much I liked the one I had in my studio to try out, and how nice the Komet 60 sounds, so now I'm jonesing for a new Komet 60.

I'm hoping this feeling goes away.

But it's SUCH a good-sounding amp. Right up there with my CAD amps and my old Two-Rocks. I need to stop buying #$% for my studio, dammit!

I don't know if it was this thread, or a different one where we discussed Komet amps, but it reminded me how much I liked the one I had in my studio to try out, and how nice the Komet 60 sounds, so now I'm jonesing for a new Komet 60.

I'm hoping this feeling goes away.

But it's SUCH a good-sounding amp. Right up there with my CAD amps and my old Two-Rocks. I need to stop buying #$% for my studio, dammit!
Don't Feel So Bad. I Am Wanting The Concorde In A Major Way And Thinking About One Far Too Much When I Should Be Looking After My New Additions And Making Them Feel Welcome In The Family.

Don't Feel So Bad. I Am Wanting The Concorde In A Major Way And Thinking About One Far Too Much When I Should Be Looking After My New Additions And Making Them Feel Welcome In The Family.
I have no new additions, but it's one of those "idea stuck in my head" things. Hopefully it goes away. If not...I'll have to scratch the itch.

I have no new additions, but it's one of those "idea stuck in my head" things. Hopefully it goes away. If not...I'll have to scratch the itch.
You Are In Better Shape Than Me. I Shouldn't Be Thinking About More When I Just Got More...LOL. (But I Am). (Hangs Head In Shame)

I finally had the Diezel Herbert module delivered to me on Monday. It's for the Synergy SYN-1 I got for my birthday a few weeks ago. SYN-1 allows you to slave the amp preamp and add two channels of your choice to your existing amp. Little did I know it would not play the ball with my amp, as Fillmore has the Master Volume before the FX loop. In the scenario when SYN-1 is adding channels to your amp, its Master Volume is bypassed. So when I was switching it on, the PA stage of my amp was taking all the available volume and was lifting the skin clean off of my face.

Long story short, after a few chats with my dealer (not very helpful) and the Synergy tech (friendly, but no resolution was given), I have a general plan to make these two work fine. Of course, I will need to gear up with more utility units, but I will zip this ***** together. In the worst-case scenario, I will build a separate rig around SYN-1.

So, not without hiccups, but having a proper high-gain option under my fingertips feels so good.

Last edited:
Apple Pay makes this sh!t way too easy...

d2mbyeckp8cibi6qnz2r.jpg

Yeah, I missed that when I had my DG30. Pedals ain’t the same..
They are really not. I had more pedals in my life than I'm comfortable confessing to. They all sound the same to a degree; they all have that weird yappy midrange. High-gain pedals are the worst.

Of all the overdrives I ever had, I kept only Nordland ODR-C. It doesn't respond like a pedal. It's the only overdrive on my board, although I use it to add a bit of fat to HB in a split, not for actual overdrive. I liked the old yellow Xotic AC Booster; it was breaking in a different way than most overdrives. Its clipping stage is somewhat symmetrical but has a diode in the middle between two pairs forcing the clipper into a half-asymmetrical style. A peculiar arrangement, but it works. What else... Nothing comes to mind.

I had shipped Lovepedal Vintage/Modern with the module, and yeah... It doesn't sound like Marshall, lol.

It's Going on reverb later today.

...but what do I know? Some of the pedals I use are for bass players

I sold some things and got a /13 EDT and ordered a 50 watt Hi-Tone. Probably not the smartest thing I have ever done but it sure felt good.
I Got Rid Of A /13 RSA 23 And Have Kicked Myself Since For Doing So. Every /13 Amp I Have Played Had Been Enjoyable. Good On You For Grabbing One. I Hope You Enjoy The Heck Out Of It! :)

Yeah, I missed that when I had my DG30. Pedals ain’t the same..
I agree with this, as a primary gain tone. But adding OD’s or boosts to your chosen OD channel only adds flavor. Many of them do not detract from the quality of the tone, and the good ones add too it.

But, a Marshall in a box pedal with a clean amp, vs. a good gain channel… Yeah, been there, done that. It works very well. But definitely not the same… and definitely not as good. IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back