AMP GAS - It Is After Me!

How was the show?
Moron behind the mixing desk had the drums way too loud. During Mammoth WVH, even with earplugs in it almost felt too loud.

But the show was otherwise very good. They're such talented musicians.

I have no idea who the alter bridge bassist is, but he is the best pick thrower I've ever seen. Previously that record was held by the singer in Anthrax. But this bassist could stand at the back of the stage and whip picks all the way into the middle of the crowd.

Moron behind the mixing desk had the drums way too loud. During Mammoth WVH, even with earplugs in it almost felt too loud.

But the show was otherwise very good. They're such talented musicians.

I have no idea who the alter bridge bassist is, but he is the best pick thrower I've ever seen. Previously that record was held by the singer in Anthrax. But this bassist could stand at the back of the stage and whip picks all the way into the middle of the crowd.
Brian Marshall...very nice guy as are all of them. Bummer on the mix but glad it was an otherwise good show. I haven't sen them ever do a bad one.

Now that I'm planning, not necessarily a complete redo, but a tweaking of my amp and cab system to include a silent cab...

I have Black Panel, a modern take on Tweed, Plexi and DG covered. There's still Matchless HC30 (or corresponding bad cat model) interest. There's the possibility of another Two-Rock down the road as well.

I guess I still have GAS. But thankfully, the burner's on low flame. For now. ;)

After much thinking and mental gymnastics I decided on a Mesa Petrucci and a custom shop Soldano Slo-30
The one Mesa that could lure me back in after I dumped all my others, and the little brother of another amp I’ve always wanted.

That would be two big thumbs up from me. Especially interested to hear how you like that SLO-30

You're probably getting tired of me telling you this, but... Louis Electric Cobra. A truly exceptional amp!
A very nice-sounding ODS 183 clone. Good recommendation.

Need some chime? What about a 3rd Power Wooly Coats?

Or ultra-high gain? Randall Satan.

Or a personal favorite, a EL84/6L6 hybrid: Carr Telstar.

Or something single-ended.....Swart STR Tweed.

Last edited:
The one Mesa that could lure me back in after I dumped all my others, and the little brother of another amp I’ve always wanted.

That would be two big thumbs up from me. Especially interested to hear how you like that SLO-30
I am looking forward to getting them. I have very high hopes for both!

As I said many times on the forum before, my Boogie Fillmore makes me complete as far as the amp GAS go. The only amp I'm GASing for occasionally is Rift Aynsley Lister's signature. I will be going on Aynsley's gig later this month so I expect the GAS to get stronger.

I also wouldn't mind a Synergy preamp just to fuckaround with a little. It's something on my head for a while, and I just can't shake it off. I'm just waiting for GuitarGuitar to restock it. Will do a trip to check things out, and I hope it's noisy and suck. I really don't want to spend money on a backline any more.

I really don't want to spend money on a backline any more.
Well what fun is there in that??

Nonetheless, the Fillmore is a gas, gas, gas.

(Shades of Jumpin' Jack Flash)

I just ordered one of Mesa's new 4 x 10s for mine. I simply couldn't resist. I have no idea why, but 4x10 with 4 10" Creambacks? Plus Fillmore?

Seems impossible to deny! Irresistible.

Back