AMP GAS - It Is After Me!

I remember him having some Baker's. I am a big fan of Gene's guitars.
Those were long gone years and years ago. For a while it was Collings. He was also into one of the British boutique builders. Last I saw, he didn't have any Bakers in his stable.

Pete's a wild man - in a good way.

I once played Robben Ford's red Baker, but he set the action so high, it was painful, so I didn't get much of a chance to get into the tone.

Friedman is a must for me
I like Friedman stuff. I have the BE-100 and had the Steve Stevens and Cantrell models and sold them. I am pondering the new Steve Stevens Version. Nice Amp!

I remember seeing MA Pete sell some nice guitars. What happened to him?

Knowing Pete he's had 100 guitars since we last saw him, and is into non-PRS stuff for the time being. I hope he comes back! He's a super nice guy.

Last text chain I was on with him a month back, he’s down to two guitars and a Porsche.
Some of us Chicago guys got together at Pete’s in February, right before everything shut down, for a 594 shootout. He was heavy into rolling though 594s and Pelxis at that time. Then he went on a Collings tear. That was maybe April/May of 2020.

As Sergio mentioned, we were on a text chain that Pete was also on right before Christmas. He said he basically stopped playing during the pandemic and only had two guitars and one amp. He held onto his Silver Sky that he had SSfrets put on, and a one pickup Knaggs. The amp he kept was his Metropoills Superplex. He’s now into fast cars. Sergio said Porsche. Definitely not electric. It may be a 911 Turbo S. Whatever it is, it’s fast. He joined the local Autobahn Club.

Some of us Chicago guys got together at Pete’s in February, right before everything shut down, for a 594 shootout. He was heavy into rolling though 594s and Pelxis at that time. Then he went on a Collings tear. That was maybe April/May of 2020.

As Sergio mentioned, we were on a text chain that Pete was also on right before Christmas. He said he basically stopped playing during the pandemic and only had two guitars and one amp. He held onto his Silver Sky that he had SSfrets put on, and a one pickup Knaggs. The amp he kept was his Metropoills Superplex. He’s now into fast cars. Sergio said Porsche. Definitely not electric. It may be a 911 Turbo S. Whatever it is, it’s fast. He joined the local Autobahn Club.
Which 594 won? I thought the Rumbleseat Proto from The first 594 shootout was head and shoulders above the rest.

I think so? Maybe? I dunno… lol, dude went through so many. It had the non-standard inlays that were kinda like Celtic knots but not.

Anyway, just a great sounding guitar.
Was that the yellow colored one? That was a beauty and I remember him saying it sounded awesome.

Back to my amp chase. My strongest leaning of the amps available today is the Mesa JP2C. If I could find a good deal on one I would jump.

Back to my amp chase. My strongest leaning of the amps available today is the Mesa JP2C. If I could find a good deal on one I would jump.
Being the uh... "accumulator" that you are (we aren't supposed to say "collector" here) I can't believe you haven't ventured into the Louis Electric line. Sounds like every amp he makes is GREAT.

Was that the yellow colored one? That was a beauty and I remember him saying it sounded awesome.
Yeah, it was a yellow-ish light burst. I wasn’t that enamored with the look but… It was the best sounding SC I’ve ever played.

I used to c@ck block his FS ads when he’d list it every few months. Lol.

Do it! Man, if I were still a full time hessian I’d snatch one.

Being the uh... "accumulator" that you are (we aren't supposed to say "collector" here) I can't believe you haven't ventured into the Louis Electric line. Sounds like every amp he makes is GREAT.
I lean to the heavier tones side of the spectrum. If an amp company doesn't offer something that can bring the brutal heavies I typically don't pay a lot of attention to that company initially. I like all kinds of tones however, but the huge majority of my playing time is on the heavy side. A Dumble type amp isn't going to deliver what I am looking for in that regard. I have other amps that I can get nice cleans out of and great rock type tones as well. I am open though. I notice myself even looking into that Mesa California Tweed amp a bit and that is very different for me. Change is good, and I will look further into them. Which Louis Electric Amp do you suggest?

Yeah, it was a yellow-ish light burst. I wasn’t that enamored with the look but… It was the best sounding SC I’ve ever played.

I used to c@ck block his FS ads when he’d list it every few months. Lol.

Do it! Man, if I were still a full time hessian I’d snatch one.
If it was he guitar that had the unique for its time pickups in it or some of the first ones (I forget what type they were) and that yellow fish color and the celtic knots...I loved the look of that guitar. I would have bought it if I knew it was for sale a the time. I wasn't always on here much back then and I think I missed it (and several others) he had. We talked some about Baker's back and forth for a short season via PM. He always had some nice pieces.

I am leaning JP2C but am looking for a deal. Everybody is married to list prices it seems.

I lean to the heavier tones side of the spectrum. If an amp company doesn't offer something that can bring the brutal heavies I typically don't pay a lot of attention to that company initially. I like all kinds of tones however, but the huge majority of my playing time is on the heavy side. A Dumble type amp isn't going to deliver what I am looking for in that regard. I have other amps that I can get nice cleans out of and great rock type tones as well. I am open though. I notice myself even looking into that Mesa California Tweed amp a bit and that is very different for me. Change is good, and I will look further into them. Which Louis Electric Amp do you suggest?
The Cobra is the rock star, but is a Dumble style amp. He doesn't make any heavy.

I have seen for years, MUCH love for the Splawns, but you didn't care for the one you had. One band I used to see regularly used one and the guitar tones KILLED for heavy stuff. Perhaps a new Uberschall? I've always wanted one of those but there are so many models I never know which is which, and some early models they say the clean channel isn't very good. Gain channel KILLS from samples I've heard, but has also been through changes. I'd own one now, but simply do not want a 120 - 150 watt amp.

The Cobra is the rock star, but is a Dumble style amp. He doesn't make any heavy.

I have seen for years, MUCH love for the Splawns, but you didn't care for the one you had. One band I used to see regularly used one and the guitar tones KILLED for heavy stuff. Perhaps a new Uberschall? I've always wanted one of those but there are so many models I never know which is which, and some early models they say the clean channel isn't very good. Gain channel KILLS from samples I've heard, but has also been through changes. I'd own one now, but simply do not want a 120 - 150 watt amp.
The Splawn I had was when they first became a thing. It was VERY stiff and lifeless sounding to me. It had an odd thing about it and the feel of it was terrible to me. I have heard the newer revisions of them and like them better. I have considered being another one with all the options ut haven't. I will get the new Uberschall Ultra when it hits. The Uberschall is probably my favorite amp of all time. The clean channel is great but the complaints on the volume drop is what people tend to focus on with that amp. I prefer the older models to the newer ones aside from this new model coming. It and the Ecstasy revision are both outstanding from what I have heard. I will get both of those amps for sure when they are available.

Back