AMP GAS - It Is After Me!

So the suggestions so far are Fryette, Louis Electric and a couple nods for Mesa. I thought there would be more by now. :)
Oh, there could be a lot more, but you've mentioned some, and have so many, that I only focused on the one that is both incredibly good, and to my knowledge, a "need" vs. another version of something you already have.

I agree! I didn't see a Mesa in your stable (might have missed it).

Wait, I saw it in a later post. Sorry!

Do you have a Two Rock?
I don't have a Two Rock. I do have several Mesa amps. TC-100, Old Dual Rec, Various Mark's. Speaking of Mesa, I am looking for a SUPER CLEAN Tri-Axis Preamp.

I don't have a Two Rock. I do have several Mesa amps. TC-100, Old Dual Rec, Various Mark's. Speaking of Mesa, I am looking for a SUPER CLEAN Tri-Axis Preamp.
I had a Tri-Axis in the '90s! Gotta say, I sold it pretty soon after I got it. Didn't care for it and I loved Mesas (still do).

As to Two-Rocks, I had a half dozen or so. They were the only amps I used from 2003 until HXDA. TR have a recent amp that interests me called the Bloomfield Drive. It reminds me conceptually of my Lone Star 100, but I think it's more to my taste. I wouldn't play the lead channel with that much gain, personally, but it's pretty cool.

I got tired of the Dumble style thing, so...I like this one.

I had a Tri-Axis in the '90s! Gotta say, I sold it pretty soon after I got it. Didn't care for it and I loved Mesas (still do).

As to Two-Rocks, I had a half dozen or so. They were the only amps I used from 2003 until HXDA. TR have a recent amp that interests me called the Bloomfield Drive. It reminds me conceptually of my Lone Star 100, but I think it's more to my taste. I wouldn't play the lead channel with that much gain, personally, but it's pretty cool.

MA Pete got one of these right after he bought his first Silver Sky. I spent a few hours there one afternoon. That amp still gives me chills.

I like where this is going. :) Carry on!
Oh, I’m sure you’ve heard Tags clips, so I shouldn’t need to… ;)

One of the most intriguing things about that amp is that after the incredible tones he put up, everyone says it can get way more Rock-ie as well. If it does hard rock as well as it does, that Dumble thing it would be the greatest amp ever.

But even with hard rock as my most often played music, I’d LOVE to have one and would definitely use it ALOT!

Last edited by a moderator:

I had a Tri/2/90 rig and sold it years ago. I wish I still had it for memory sake. I got some nice tones out of it for what I the heavy stuff I do. Speaking of Mesa, that Caliornia Tweed thingy they make has some nice sounds in it.

MA Pete got one of these right after he bought his first Silver Sky. I spent a few hours there one afternoon. That amp still gives me chills.
I remember seeing MA Pete sell some nice guitars. What happened to him?

Knowing Pete he's had 100 guitars since we last saw him, and is into non-PRS stuff for the time being. I hope he comes back! He's a super nice guy.
I remember him having some Baker's. I am a big fan of Gene's guitars.

Back