Amp for Piezo

jw3571

I just pulled the trigger on a P24 ltd in Eriza Verde Smokeburst. I'll post pics when I receive it. From what I read you really need an acoustic amp to take advantage of the Piezo. The amp I currently have is a Marshall JCM 1, I also have an Fender Mustang 3 amp. Would this be a good amp to use with the Piezo or should I purchase a dedicated acoustic amp? If so, could someone recommend one that doesn't break the bank.

AER Compact 60/2

AER%20compact%2060%20amp.jpg

AER-Compact-60-II.jpg

You'll thank me later...

Jamie

Those look like they are still pretty expensive. Is buying something under $200 stupid? I only play in my house, so i probably don't need a ton of wattage?

Those look like they are still pretty expensive. Is buying something under $200 stupid? I only play in my house, so i probably don't need a ton of wattage?

It isn't stupid if you find one you like. The Fishman Loudbox Mini is $329 new. Find something used.

Last edited:
Wait for an online outlet that has a 15% sale and these are in the 200s new
There ya go... and then you send the 15% off sale price to a second online outlet that has a price beating offer ( most do ) and work a bit more off. I can usually get about 20% off this way. It's a bit of work, I only bother on bigger ticket items. I bought my Fishman Aura this way... ;)

I've plugged my acoustic into a mustang III and it has sounded pretty good. Are people here saying that my new P24 won't sound good with the Piezo on it?

I've plugged my acoustic into a mustang III and it has sounded pretty good. Are people here saying that my new P24 won't sound good with the Piezo on it?

Not that it will sound "bad", but an acoustic has a wider spectrum of frequencies, so having a full range speaker and a tweeter or horn will capture more of the acoustic properties than a guitar speaker which is purposefully designed to work in a narrow frequency spectrum that a guitar sits in.

Back