American jack plate

gorkemkol

Hi guys
Since i bought my SE Pauls guitar i made some DIY upgrades to it due to lack of aftermarket parts back in my country. Now i am also planing to upgrade my jackplate like an american prs (squared) instead of cheap indonesian shape . I want it to be as authentic as possible so is there anyone who can give me the outer dimensions of their authentic plate? I will appreciate it . Thanks ..
And here are some mods i made myself from scratch
-Brass Trussrod cover
-Brass Back Plate
-Custom Locking Nots (just drilled the oem)
k9jpJeo.jpg

zMIwScW.jpg

Nice! Did you put a clear coat finish on the brass parts or are they going to age like an old Zildjian cymbal?

Nice work! I'm not home right now, but I've looked at adding a core square jack plate to my 30th and the square plate doesn't cover the mounting holes of old se plate. I tabled the idea and left the se plate for now. I did swap the input jack with core though.

Nice work! I'm not home right now, but I've looked at adding a core square jack plate to my 30th and the square plate doesn't cover the mounting holes of old se plate. I tabled the idea and left the se plate for now. I did swap the input jack with core though.
Since i am going to produce the product i can manage to made it wider the only thing that matter is the longtitude and since i cant find any prs brand aftermarket products i am also considering upgrading the electronics ( pots, jack, wiring , selector etc.) with made in USA Dimarzio ones cuz they feel cheap while the rest of the guitar looks premium

I figured out dimensions which like you said didnt cover the existing holes so i am going to make it wide enough to cover holes tomorrow i will put some pics to here

Since i am going to produce the product i can manage to made it wider the only thing that matter is the longtitude and since i cant find any prs brand aftermarket products i am also considering upgrading the electronics ( pots, jack, wiring , selector etc.) with made in USA Dimarzio ones cuz they feel cheap while the rest of the guitar looks premium

I am a big supporter of swapping electronics. I did a complete swap to my 30th,everything looked, felt, and sounded better. It was a noticeable upgrade just looking at the parts and have been very pleased all the way around.

Back