Amber Speed Knob Question!!

Texsunburst59

Hey guy, this is my 1st post here. One of my most treasured guitars is an '88 "Special" Goldtop I took off a friends hands about 1 1/2 yrs. ago.
Somehow the amber speed knob that goes on the rotary switch has broken. Actually the base of it that goes on the shaft has cracked and
a piece has broken off. I haven't had any luck finding a replacement. Is this something I need to contact PRS about? I tried aftermarket
and online sources. Any help would be appreciated. Here's a pic of my baby.

DSC00281.jpg

You can get them off the prs website in the shop section if your in the usa. Headline music in the uk. Any where else i dont have a clue

Hello Tejas,
I'm afraid those knobs aren't produced anymore, so your guitar is now useless without being able to select different pickups. I'll take her off your hands to save you the trouble. What can I say? I'm a giver. :D

I'd just have to keep asking around I guess and see if any shop or private individual has one in a workshop drawer.
Not really happy to hear this,but I'll keep looking. Thanks for the info.

Sorry man. I was just teasing. I REALLY like your Goldtop and was acting like I was pulling a fast one.

We no longer offer the type of knobs with the hash marks in between the numbers, but we do have amber speed knobs without the hash marks.

BTW- Sweet guitar, beautiful setting!

Thanks Shawn. I guess I could get 3 new amber knobs and have them all look the same. I'm going to
look into doing this. Thanks again.

THAT is THE PRS Guitar of pure perfection. You guys can keep yo' flame tops...I'll take a goldtop EVERYDAY! :top:

Thanks Mike. I feel the same way. I've been trying for a long while now to score an early DGT Goldtop at a really good price, but to no avial. I guess there's
no such thing. I'll stay patient and wait it out like I did for this one. :proud:

Back