Amazing!!!

They did regular production models for a short time. I guess demand wasn't high enough?

Not that I want to spoil the party, but I don't know if I'd ever order an acoustic guitar with a maple top. Spruce or cedar give you the most traditional sound.

Doesn't mean it'd sound bad, might even sound great, but I'd sure want to play a maple topped acoustic before laying down the cash (and I have a PS acoustic, so it's not like I'm into sour grapes here).

Not that I want to spoil the party, but I don't know if I'd ever order an acoustic guitar with a maple top. Spruce or cedar give you the most traditional sound.

Doesn't mean it'd sound bad, might even sound great, but I'd sure want to play a maple topped acoustic before laying down the cash (and I have a PS acoustic, so it's not like I'm into sour grapes here).
It would be fun to try though.

Agree whole-heartedly...most Maple bodied acoustics...especially T...and M...are already pretty bright...a Maple top might take them over the edge.

Agree whole-heartedly...most Maple bodied acoustics...especially T...and M...are already pretty bright...a Maple top might take them over the edge.

also maple is heavier than softwoods like spruce, and is therefore a bit less diaphragmatic and might be more difficult to make vibrate easily. Seems transient response would be quite different.

I guess I’d have to play it to know.

A show-stopper for sure, looks gorgeous. Not the best wood selection from a traditional perspective, but then, if anyone can buck tradition and create something amazing, it's Paul.

Back