Am I the only one that'd buy this in a heartbeat?

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
I loves my PRSes, but I also adore Teles - just got a new one.

Here's what I want: Bolt-on PRS double cut, like a CE, but solid alder (or ash) body, pattern thin maple neck with maple fretboard (roasted would be nice), tele bridge and pickups. Locking tuners and tele switching.

Yup - I’d be in on that. I’d even like a neck similar to the silver sky. I don’t think ash will be an option unfortunately with the ash population being run extinct from the ash boring beetle. I’m building my own pine partscaster currently, and I also bought a swamp ash body while I can for a future build.

Early CE's had an Alder body and some with a thin maple neck and fretboard. Just need a Vela bridge and Single Coil pups and you are golden.

Me personally, I've tried to like Tele's but just can't. I don't sound like me on them.

Give the S2 Vela a try. Or I think the 408 does a nice rocking tele sound

Sorry man. Sounds good except for the tele bridge, pick ups and switch. Other than that, I would buy it.

...or put the tele bridge, pickups and switch on a tele; I’d buy that too. :)

Yup...Chunky neck, and classic SB finish...Hey!!!! Wait a minute...they kinda already did that for Alex Lifeson...
I remember drooling over THAT guitar...2 tone burst, Signature slanted SC in Bridge...
Thank you for some great memories!!!!

Oh, and did I mention, YES, in a heartbeat!!!! (probably get 2)

Yup - I’d be in on that. I’d even like a neck similar to the silver sky. I don’t think ash will be an option unfortunately with the ash population being run extinct from the ash boring beetle. I’m building my own pine partscaster currently, and I also bought a swamp ash body while I can for a future build.

There were so many ash trees killed that I’d guess this wood will be stock piled for awhile. The wood could be harvested even though killed; so many trees that many were sadly left to rot. Sad situation.

I just can’t get on board with the lack of hip/belly carve and that headstock shape!

But hey, we all like what we like!

There were so many ash trees killed that I’d guess this wood will be stock piled for awhile. The wood could be harvested even though killed; so many trees that many were sadly left to rot. Sad situation.
I’m not sure how many are useable beyond firewood. Most of what was cut here has longitudinal cracks clearly visible.
I do have friends with free heat for years stacked in their yards though.

I just can’t get on board with the lack of hip/belly carve and that headstock shape!

But hey, we all like what we like!

That's exactly why I want a guitar that looks and feels like a PRS while sounding like a Tele :).

I’m not sure how many are useable beyond firewood. Most of what was cut here has longitudinal cracks clearly visible.
I do have friends with free heat for years stacked in their yards though.

When I read the first part of your post, I thought you were being harsh and then I realised you were talking about Ash trees!:oops:

I loves my PRSes, but I also adore Teles - just got a new one.

Here's what I want: Bolt-on PRS double cut, like a CE, but solid alder (or ash) body, pattern thin maple neck with maple fretboard (roasted would be nice), tele bridge and pickups. Locking tuners and tele switching.
I'll pass...that just sounds like this failure from Fender...sometimes things need to be left alone...imho.

y4afr1fjgmec1rewi161.jpg

I'd be interested, but would prefer a pattern neck and Vela bridge. Alder body would be fine as well. Would be interested to hear Paul's take on Tele pickups or maybe just use the pickups & switching from the Paul's Guitar. Since the SS is one of their biggest sellers, you'd have to think this is very quietly somewhere on their radar.

Back