Am I Crazy ?

Bob Turner

Ok here we go, let's hear your feedback. I have a 2015 PRS S2 SC that has no binding (as they don't). But I love the look of binding on a guitar. There is an artist through my work that does incredible pin striping. The thought was to do just the body with pinstriping to resemble binding. Am I crazy or is this a great idea........as I said let's hear it gentlemen and ladies.

28606238340_9ef87661e3_b.jpg

My $0.02....before taxes:

Your guitar, your call.

If you think it'll make you happy...go for it!

I'm a fan of binding, too...and if that S2 was mine, and I knew a guy that could do it...I'd be dropping it off to him tomorrow.

The beauty of the S2 range is that they're exceptional guitars, but don't carry the 'sense of wrongdoing' if you modify them above and beyond the 'norm.'

If you dig the look, go make magic happen, sir!

I'll be your dissenting vote. I don't care for binding on any guitar. To me it looks like they couldn't do it right so they covered up the imperfections with plastic binding. I recognize my feelings are not held by everyone.

No as for pinstripes of any variety, sure, go for it. I just wouldn't try to make it look like faux binding...(not mine, just found it on the internet)
09c7ba69b7cf248b28cfd783719a0d7e.jpg

I'll be your dissenting vote. I don't care for binding on any guitar. To me it looks like they couldn't do it right so they covered up the imperfections with plastic binding. I recognize my feelings are not held by everyone.

No as for pinstripes of any variety, sure, go for it. I just wouldn't try to make it look like faux binding...(not mine, just found it on the internet)
09c7ba69b7cf248b28cfd783719a0d7e.jpg

Uh .... that's kind of like a Ferrari in Mary Kay pink. With the Mary Kay decal.

It could be very cool; I wonder if it being on the edge might mean you'd rub it off with your forearm while playing.

the only deal would be, since the binding would be painted, it could be worn off or if you ever got the frets replaced or something it would be filed off, but I don't see why else you wouldn't go for it if you like the look :) I like bound guitars too!

If you're talking about removing the clear coat and having it painted on, then clear coating again, make sure you 100% trust the guy on doing the work right. If you're talking decal pinstripes, I don't like the idea because it appears fake in my eyes.

Back