Alternative trem arm lengths and shapes for S2

gushtone

Hi all,
Anybody out there know a good source for alternative arm styles that fit the S2 model terms? Every time I search, no matter how creative I get with the criteria, I just find stock models. I am not averse to cutting and bending stock ones to suit my tastes, which is what I have always done with my Strats, but would be surprised if someone’s Ian not already making a few options. Let me know, Thanks!
Peace...

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
Hi all,
Anybody out there know a good source for alternative arm styles that fit the S2 model terms? Every time I search, no matter how creative I get with the criteria, I just find stock models. I am not averse to cutting and bending stock ones to suit my tastes, which is what I have always done with my Strats, but would be surprised if someone’s Ian not already making a few options. Let me know, Thanks!
Peace...
Reach out to John Mann. Phone is always the best route.

garrett

When I had PRS guitars with trem, I used a Hipshot arm. Through the years I used it on all three gens of PRS trem and the S2/SE too!

Maybe not the style you're looking for, since you mentioned cutting? I like the long Floyd-esque ones because I tend to abuse the trem. I have a couple and both are 4.7-4.8 mm diameter and just barely fit the S2 bridge.

0hcUPfe.jpg

John Mann

olslowhand
Authorized PRS Dealer
Gilmore (aka David Gilmore) is shorter in the section that you grab when you wiggle
Brawer, named after luthier /repairman gary Brawer has a longer (3/4") section that goes into the bridge, which raises up more. Start guys like these