Alter Bridge

PRSAK

I am only an egg
Anyone else catch them on tour in 2016 so far? Just saw them in Amsterdam 4 nights ago. Holy sheeeeite! I am a relatively late comer to the AB party and this was my first time seeing them live. What a tight band and just a stellar pure rock act. Nothing too fancy on stage - just a big banner, good light show, and the phenomenal musicianship of those 4 dudes. Oh...and great sound at the Heineken Music Hall (which is where the '08 live album was recorded.). Myles and Mark are 100% PRS guitars as most of you know. I got to enjoy their latest album (The Last Hero) only after getting back home and finding the CD waiting. Was cool to have heard a lot of those songs live before the recordings. Yet another great release by AB. One of the best bands out there IMHO.

I saw them the night before in Brussels there Amsterdam show. standing on the 2nd row right with Myles right front of me. it was indeed an awesome gig and for me the best show of 2016. it was the 6th time I saw them and I can't wait until the 24 when we will be seeing them again in London.

the prototype of Mark's weird guitar had a beautiful brown color, but besides the color and reversed headstock it wasn't really my cup of tea (I said the same thing to paul himself the day after when I met him in Ghent). and I was surprised to see mark play with the SE 7 string.
But what a great tone of both guitarists. too bad/painful to see some of the guitars are real workhorses and pretty beaten up.

Right on Berten! Cool that you were so close. I sat in the balcony so had quite a different perspective. The sound was so great where I was sitting. One of the best mixes I've ever heard. And the guitar tone as you say was stellar. Seriously heavy but clear and audible. I think that Mark was using the Archon and that Myles was playing a Diezel but maybe you were able to a better look at their set-ups. Also, thanks for mentioning Living Color in another thread. They were awesome! Vernon Reid has got to be one of the most versatile guitarists alive and is technically mind-blowing. I'm glad you are lined up for another show in London! Have fun..

I guess I'm a little late to the party.
Haven't seen AB live, but have started getting into them in the past week via Slash's album, with Myles and the Conspirators, so it was an obvious step to AB from there.
Funnily enough I used to like Creed, (not enough to buy any of their albums, just liked some of their songs), but AB just sounds good, tight & heavy, a sound not many bands can pull off.
I've already got a black SE Singlecut trem, so other than the extra vol & tone knob, I've got a pretty similar guitar to Mark's signature model.

I've been a fan of them since they're very beginning easily one of my favourite bands. I'll be at the London show too next week I cannot wait. Tremonti is one of the reasons I first picked up a PRS, I'll own one of his sig models one day.

First heard Mark & Myles at the first Experience. I've been more heavily into Tremonti than AB, but I really like both. Have not had the chance to see AB, but I'd love to.

@DuncanCE22: Mark is one of the reason I picked up interest in PRS. (and Akerfeldt of Opeth too)

@ PRSAK: from where we were standing I couldn't clearly see it, but I believe Mark was again playing thru a Mesa and a Bogner. No clear pictures I'm afraid. But here are some from the show.

AB0_zpsmds3oeug.jpg

AB4_zpsy5ofb9ct.jpg

AB3_zpsquuhnjef.jpg

AB2_zpszjfsithc.jpg

AB1_zpszcctbzcj.jpg

Ladies and Gents,
German TV and radio station WDR (Westdeutscher Rundfunk) will record the AB gig in Cologne, Germany on 5th DEC 16. It will be broadcasted on 19th DEC 16.
I guess the will lay it down in their media library, aswell, likewise they did with the AB concert in Dortmund, Germany in 2011.

Further information and the 2011 concert could be found here.

Easily one of my favorite bands. Missed getting to see them in Dallas on the night of The Last Hero release, but will not miss them the next time they come through.

So I saw them again in London last week... another great performance, although they didn't play My Champion... I didn't take pictures cause we were too far away this time.

Mark gave away a guitar after playing a song with it. I thought I saw it incorrectly, and even my wife said I was crazy, but later Facebook conformed what I saw. What a lucky guy!!!

Myself and 3 buddies drove 8 hours from Winnipeg to Minneapolis to see em.

I was anxious to see Marks guitar just explode in his hands.

By far my favorite band of all time....although I can't quite get behind their new album. Just a few songs off it.

Fortress is a killer album and it will be a tough one to top......although I said the same for blackbird haha.

Here's hoping they come close to Calgary!
Coeur D'Alene perhaps?

Maaaaybe a little bit of the reason I picked up my Tremonti Signature.

I got into Alter Bridge around the time their first album came out. "Find The Real" and "Metalingus" were used by WWE.

I've never seen them live yet. I'm hoping to go to the Philly date on their 2017 tour though.

Back