Almost winning the internet day

Nice guitar, and beautifully restored VW Bug. Does it have the stock air cooled engine? I remember it was a good idea to put external oil coolers on those ;)

I've got a surf green fender prosonic that would go perfectly with both of those. Fyi my first car was a 1953 bug I bought while I was stationed in Germany in the 60s. No synchro transmission lol. No turn signals. No gas gauge! Primitive but functional!

Yes, safari windshield. Yes, stock engine. Yes, Positive Grid Spark 40. Very cool and affordable little amp. Create backing tracks. Translates chords from any video.

2-DC6-AEB7-41-F6-480-D-BD88-DBD070-C92-E3-A.jpg

B211-DFC5-53-D0-46-EA-925-B-9-B1-AB4-C72791.jpg

Last edited:
First - SAWEEEEET!!!
Second - Does my eye spy the bottom of a Pos Grid Spark in one of those pics?
Third - I'm only seeing about half your garage and I'm already jealous - nice workspace!

stoke

Thanks man. The other car is the wife’s 2017 C300 coupe. Crazy fast, sporty 4 cylinder turbo. I drive a 10 year old GL450. But it l looks like new and the price was right.

The Guitar Shop when Brent had it did I a run in Bahama Mama finish similar to yours. Those were sweet too!
I had the SCT from the Mk II run. Like an idiot I traded it in for another PS that I no longer have :rolleyes:

image.jpg

image.jpg

A guy in Texas on TGP has it - told him I’d like it back and he said no way!

I’ll have to order my own version of Veinbuster’s SCT in Bahama Blue with a TOL inlay someday

B2-FC7-E58-4-ABB-49-E6-8644-6-F127-DC64-AE3.jpg

My Mk II had blue style smoke burst - I prefer the straight Bahama Blue. Sigh :D

Great news, and not so great news.

I wanted this first picture to be pro shot outside. But, alas, my Beetle still needs some wiring finished up...

But, my refinished McTrem arrived and I can’t help myself.

D27-F641-D-868-C-4-D98-A15-E-FB1-FA553-A934.jpg

BF1-FDF93-39-BE-41-D8-9-A4-E-27-AD608-C4855.jpg

Dude, that Bug is bad ass! What year is it?

My first car was a '73 Super Beetle with larger aftermarket fenders and wheels. It didn't have a heater, no reverse gear and red primer paint. I loved that thing.

Back