Almost NGD: McCarty 594 S2

A real beauty. Hard to find these S2 594s right now. I’d like an S2 594 Singlecut myself, actually the Core but the price gives me serious pause.

Well I ended up getting the guitar a while back. It plays great although I just swapped out the pickups today. I wasn’t fond of the stock pickups so I got a dimarzio super distortion for the bridge and a 36th Anniversary PAF for the neck. Quite a bit more punch on the SS that’s for sure. If anyone is curious, here are the stock pickups as seen from the rear.

wbjbKuK.jpg

oKkSdyn.jpg

It’s been quite a while since I have had a PRS. I sold my P22 a few years ago as I couldn’t seem to bond with it. Just got back into the PRS world with a new S2. It’s in transit right now so I haven’t even played it yet. I don’t normally like buying online but there just don’t seem to be many of these around. The 594 has intrigued me quite a bit as I love vintage and PAF sounds - particularly humbucker guitars. I have had many Les Paul’s but my only current Gibson is an Explorer with Burstbucker’s (2 & 3). It’s a great guitar as well. Anyway, here is a picture of the S2. It seems to have some pretty good flame.

AFFRVzp.jpg

nwykqFW.jpg

Wow...That looks like a S2 "10 Top" !

I have not seen an S2 with that degree of flame. Even that Phil McKnight guy said, that when he had a store ... the S2's usually did not come in that stripey !

I went Thinline, due to neck profile, and I find the guitar to be a perfect match for me ....

But Dammm ! I want that stripey top ! :D

Been beggin for a Thinline (with a maple veneer over a thin cap) so my Thinline won't get too porky, but be ale to sport flames like that !

Maybe ... after I do my Hollowbody project ... and learn that the fatter neck profiles are not terrible/bad for me ... I'll have to go on a quest to cop a S2 McCarty 594 with a flame job... like yours ! :)

With some time you’ll get use to PRS fatter necks and not stress so much about going back and forth. At first it’s a stark jump from a wide/thin neck I was use to from my CE. Now I don’t think much about it. The biggest difference is the guitars weight.

Back