Almost bought a McCarty 2015

The Viking Gangster

I was in a shop exchanging a TC MoJo for a Maxon Tube Screamer. Afterwords I took a look around. Low and behold.....there behind the glass was a McCarty. I asked to check it out. Man did this thing ring out clear and in tune. I grabbed the body and neck to turn it over and noticed how he guitar was still resonating by the vibration coming through the body.

I wasn't expecting to come across a McCarty, and not in the color (soft green??). It pretty much blew me away. I almost bought it on the spot, but concern for my well being when I got home prevented it.

I had a McCarty II a few years back, and I don't remember it resonating the way this one did. I get the sense the PRS has really up their game with tone. The McCarty II finish didn't seem to work well with my hands. Never had a problem with the V12 finish or the Satin on my Brent Mason model though.

Anybody have a McCarty 2015? Thoughts on how it blossomed or didn't after you brought it home?

Thanks

It's calling your name. Get the keys and go back and get it. Tell the wife you'll pick up a couple of shifts and hopefully it will be a guitar you'll never regret! Good luck!

I've got a 30th anniversary McCARTY vine that sustains forever . Between the ebony fret board and the flame maple neck, it just sings. I've always liked the way the McCARTYS felt and played. It being stained in blood orange, just makes the whole experience that much better.

Thanks guys.

Yes, it's calling my name for sure. Can't stop thinking about how well it sustained and rang out acoustically. But, there are a few financial issues coming up that I would be best to remember before running back (out patient surgery this week for one).

Your blood orange 30th sound Sweet! Congrats

I have two - a Wood Library one from Jack Gretz with a maple neck/brazzy board, and a regular production one.

They both ring insanely long...the WL one takes the crown out of all my guitars - Private Stocks included.

She's calling you...

Ringers are winners! I don't have any newer ones, but my McStandards ring for days.

I have two - a Wood Library one from Jack Gretz with a maple neck/brazzy board, and a regular production one.

They both ring insanely long...the WL one takes the crown out of all my guitars - Private Stocks included.

She's calling you...

Carl:

You are sealing the deal. I am going to see what it will take to grab that jewel while it is still available.

vchizzle, you are correct. The ringing is what pulled made me think this is the one.

Alan

Carl:

You are sealing the deal. I am going to see what it will take to grab that jewel while it is still available.

vchizzle, you are correct. The ringing is what pulled made me think this is the one.

Alan
Go for it! You can blame me if you need a scapegoat...Lord knows I get blamed for lots of stuff anyway ;)

FWIW I also find the newer McCartys with the 58/15s to have some extremely interesting harmonic content / complexities with sustained notes. I think you'll be pleased as all get out when you bring her home...looking forward to a NGD for you! Crossing my fingers!

Go for it! You can blame me if you need a scapegoat...Lord knows I get blamed for lots of stuff anyway ;)

FWIW I also find the newer McCartys with the 58/15s to have some extremely interesting harmonic content / complexities with sustained notes. I think you'll be pleased as all get out when you bring her home...looking forward to a NGD for you! Crossing my fingers!

You're killing man....I want to run out an get it tonight. Thanks for letting me know about the 58/15's.

I will definitely post when that happens.

Good stuff, gotta snap those babies up! Whenever you get that "ohhhh..." feeling when you try a guitar, it's best to just figure out a way to bring her home. Otherwise you have to live with that regret once someone else snags it. You think about it. And think about it. And think about it some more. It's a sickening feeling no good person should have to endure. Horrible.

Back